Subject: [saag] TLS WG Report

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 12:47:24 -0500

The TLS WG met at 5:00 PM on Tuesday

The following notes are drawn largely from Paul Hoffman's minutes.

* TLS Cached Info draft (draft-ietf-tls-cached-info)
In mailing list discussion afterwards, Stefan proposed some syntactic
changes. We will need to discuss on the list.

* The Certificate Status Extension
(draft-ietf-tls-multiple-cert-status-extension)
is ready for WGLC.

* Out of Band Public key Validation ( draft-ietf-tls-oob-pubkey)
There was some debate about whether we should be using the same
mechanism/registry as RFC 6901. There was general consensus on
the desired properties and a question about whether RFC 6091
could support it. EKR to analyze and report back.

* We had a request from HTTPbis to take on a TLS-based upper-layer
protocol negotiation mechanism. The WG agreed to take this on.

* Origin Bound Certificates. Google has abandoned this in favor of
a new approach and may bring that to IETF later.

* We also had presentations about DTLS Multicast Security, TACK,
and an AuthZ extension to use DTCP certificates in TLS. None of
these have any immediate actions.

-Ekr