Subject: [saag] Fwd: NIST requests comments on two Draft Pubs for Random Bit Generation

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 13:26:04 -0400

Some people on this might find this of interest.

spt

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	NIST requests comments on two Draft Pubs for Random Bit Generation
Date: 	Thu, 6 Sep 2012 13:19:46 -0400
From: 	Caswell, Sara J. <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]' <[email-masked]>

NIST requests comments on two Draft publications for random bit
generation: Draft SP 800-90B, /Recommendation for the Entropy Sources
Used for Random Bit Generation/ and Draft SP 800-90C, /Recommendation
for Random Bit Generator (RBG) Constructions/.

SP 800-90B
<http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/drafts/800-90/draft-sp800-90b.pdf>
specifies the design principles and requirements for the entropy sources
used by Random Bit Generators and the tests for the validation of
entropy sources. A list of questions
<http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/drafts/800-90/questions-about_draft-sp800-90b.pdf> 

relating to SP 800-90B is also provided for reviewers.

SP 800-90C
<http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/drafts/800-90/draft-sp800-90c.pdf>
specifies constructions for the implementation of random bit generators
(RBGs). An RBG may be a deterministic random bit generator (DRBG) or a
non-deterministic random bit generator (NRBG). The constructed RBGs
consist of DRBG mechanisms as specified SP 800-90A and entropy sources
as specified in SP 800-90B. SP 800-90A is available at
http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/PubsSPs.html#800-90A.

Please send comments to [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> by *December 5, 2012*. For the comments
on SP 800-90B, please put “Comments on Entropy Sources” in the subject
line. For the comments on SP 800-90C, please put “Comments on RBG
Constructions” in the subject line.