Subject: [saag] W3C WebCrypto API (Javascript) First Public Working Draft: Request for Review

From: Harry Halpin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 17:15:17 +0200

SAAG and larger IETF community,

The W3C has recently released the First Public Working Draft of the W3C 
Web Crypto API [1], a Javascript API created in a W3C Working Group with 
representatives of all major browsers that will expose cryptographic 
primitives to WebApps. As you can tell, its currently only supporting 
core functionality,  but will likely be expanded over the course of next 
year. The rest of the features are going to be use-case driven and 
"secondary", see charter for details on possible future features for the 
API [2].

At this stage, we are at this stage leaving many of the issues open (14 
in total, clearly listed in the spec!) but we will need to close them 
all as soon as possible. We'd love any comments you have, please post to 
[email-masked].

Any further questions I'd be happy to answer.

Here I go, reigniting the Javascript authentication debate on this list :)

    cheers,
       harry

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/WebCryptoAPI/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2011/11/webcryptography-charter.html#scope