Subject: [saag] request for review of draft-orr-wireless-lan-architectures-00

From: Anthony Grieco <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 17:17:36 -0400

All,

Stephen Orr and I recently submitted:
draft-orr-wireless-lan-architectures-00 “Cryptographic Security
Characteristics of 802.11 Wireless LAN Access Systems.”  We'd like to
solicit feedback on this document.

The intent of the document is to identify all of the places that
cryptography is used in Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) architectures
in order to simplify the task of selecting and profiling the protocols,
algorithms, and key sizes needed to  achieve a consistent security level
across the entire architecture.

As Wireless LAN Access systems are deployed today there is no clearly
defined end-to-end security consistency required.  The result is the
overall cryptographic strength of the WLAN System being brought down to
the lowest cryptographic strength of one of the components. With this
draft we are hoping to lay the foundation for other’s to construct
profiles that should specify the exact end-to-end cryptographic
characteristics required to provide consistency.

Thanks in advance.
Anthony

-- 
Anthony Grieco
Cisco