Subject: [saag] Fwd: Public Comment Period - FIPS 140-3 (Second Draft), Security Requirements for Cryptographic Modules

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 09:40:43 -0400

Here's a recent announcement from NIST.  I'm sure there are some on this 
list that care but might not have gotten it.  If there were any change 
that impacted on IETF protocols that'd be good to know.

spt

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Public Comment Period - FIPS 140-3 (Second Draft), Security
Requirements for Cryptographic Modules
Date: 	Fri, 31 Aug 2012 11:02:18 -0400
From: 	Caswell, Sara J. <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]' <[email-masked]>

NIST seeks additional comments on specific sections of *Federal
Information Processing Standard 140-3 (Second Draft), /Security
Requirements for Cryptographic Modules/*, to clarify and resolve
inconsistencies in the public comments received in response tothe
Federal Register (74 FR 91333) notice of December 11, 2009. The Second
Draft is available for download on NIST’s site
at_http://csrc.nist.gov/news_events/index.html_.  The list of these
specific sections can be found here. Comments on sections not
specifically listed will not be considered.

Please submit comments on these specific sections before *October 1,
2012* using the template provided at
http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/drafts/fips140-3/revised-fips140-3_comments-template.dot 

   Written comments may be sent to: Chief, Computer Security Division,
Information Technology Laboratory, Attention: Dr. Michaela Iorga, 100
Bureau Drive, Mail Stop 8930, National Institute of Standards and
Technology, Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8930.  Electronic comments may also
be sent to: [email-masked], with a Subject: “/Additional/ /Comments
- FIPS 140-3 (Second Draft)./”

*FIPS 140-3 Publication Development Page:*
http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/FIPS140_3/index.html