Subject: [saag] PKIX Status

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 12:42:29 -0400

PKIX met for 2 hours on Wednesday. Sean Turner announced plans to shut
down the WG, once the current 4, active I-Ds (and 1 I-D with the IESG) 
are completed.
If work on these docs stalls, the WG will be shut down anyway. No new WG 
items will be accepted.

Presentations were made on 4 WG items: 2560bis, 5280bis, EST, and CAA. A 
straw poll is
underway (on the list) to decide how to proceed on 2560bis. A (final?) 
proposed paragraph
for the one contentious section of 5280bis was briefed. The EST doc was 
reviewed and plans
for the next rev were discussed. CAA was discussed in detail and 
generated a lot of questions
and comments. A new version will be required, with a new IETF LC.

There were presentations on four other topics,  but none are expected to 
become WG items,
based on Sean's announcement.