Subject: [saag] FWIW: Useful little script

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 06:55:14 +0200

The aaa-doctors have historically tracked and reviewd AAA related
documents.  The tracking can be difficult, as many working groups define
RADIUS or Diameter changes without talking to the RADEXT or DIME working
groups.

  In order to help, I've written a hacky little script.  The goal is to
search WG drafts for references to certain RFCs.  e.g. 2865 (RADIUS).
Ones matching that criteria are selected.  BUT drafts in the RADEXT and
DIME working groups are ignored, as we presume the RADIUS people already
monitor RADIUS drafts.

  The script is available on github:

https://github.com/alandekok/ietf-tech-report

  There's a README with documentation.  Feedback is appreciated.

  Some example output:

$ ./ietf-tech-report -r radius
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-radius-opt-01               Active	
draft-ietf-softwire-6rd-radius-attrib-05          Active	
draft-ietf-abfab-arch-03                          Active	
draft-ietf-abfab-aaa-saml-03                      Active	
draft-ietf-netmod-system-mgmt-02                  Active	
draft-ietf-abfab-gss-eap-08                       In IESG processing -
ID Tracker state <Approved-announcement to be sent::Point Raised -
writeup needed>	

$ ./ietf-tech-report -r yang
draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg-04                  Active	
draft-ietf-netmod-iana-if-type-04                 Active	
draft-ietf-netmod-system-mgmt-02                  Active	
draft-ietf-netmod-interfaces-cfg-05               Active	
draft-ietf-ipfix-configuration-model-11           In IESG processing -
ID Tracker state <RFC Ed Queue>	
draft-ietf-netmod-iana-timezones-00               Active	
draft-ietf-netmod-snmp-cfg-00                     Active	
draft-ietf-netmod-ip-cfg-05                       Active