Subject: [saag] Fwd: 15-day Public Reviews for KMIP V1.1 Committee Specification and Note drafts

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 23:38:50 +0100

Just got this.

I guess if you care, comment there.

S

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 15-day Public Reviews for KMIP V1.1 Committee Specification and
Note drafts
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 18:37:30 -0400
From: Chet Ensign <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked]

The OASIS Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP) TC [1] members
have recently approved two Committee Specification Drafts (CSD) and two
Committee Note Drafts (CND) and submitted these drafts for 15-day public
review:

Key Management Interoperability Protocol Specification Version 1.1
Committee Specification Draft 02 / Public Review Draft 02
14 May 2012

Key Management Interoperability Protocol Profiles Version 1.1
Committee Specification Draft 02 / Public Review Draft 02
14 May 2012

Key Management Interoperability Protocol Usage Guide Version 1.1
Committee Note Draft 02 / Public Review Draft 02
14 May 2012

Key Management Interoperability Protocol Test Cases Version 1.1
Committee Note Draft 02 / Public Review Draft 02
14 May 2012

Specification Overview:

The KMIP Specification V1.1 CSPRD02 is the normative description of
objects, operations and attributes for this version of the OASIS Key
Management Interoperability Protocol.

The KMIP Profile V1.1 CSPRD02 is the normative description of
conformance profiles for this version of the OASIS Key Management
Interoperability Protocol.

The KMIP Usage Guide V1.1 CSD.02 provides illustrative information
regarding the implementation of solutions using the objects, operations
and attributes for this version of the OASIS Key Management
Interoperability Protocol.

The KMIP Test Cases V1.1 CSD.02 is the illustrative description of test
cases for objects, operations and attributes for this version of the
OASIS Key Management Interoperability Protocol.

TC Description:

The OASIS KMIP TC works to define a single, comprehensive protocol for
communication between encryption systems and a broad range of new and
legacy enterprise applications, including email, databases, and storage
devices. By removing redundant, incompatible key management processes,
KMIP will provide better data security while at the same time reducing
expenditures on multiple products.

Public Review Period:

The public review starts 4 June 2012 and ends 19 June 2012.

This is an open invitation to comment. OASIS solicits feedback from
potential users, developers and others, whether OASIS members or not,
for the sake of improving the interoperability and quality of its
technical work.

URIs:

The complete packages of the prose specification and note documents and
related
files are available in the ZIP distribution file at:

Key Management Interoperability Protocol Specification Version 1.1
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/46154/kmip-spec-v1.1-csprd02.zip

Key Management Interoperability Protocol Profiles Version 1.1
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/46155/kmip-profiles-v1.1-csprd02.zip

Key Management Interoperability Protocol Usage Guide Version 1.1
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/46157/kmip-ug-v1.1-cnprd02.zip

Key Management Interoperability Protocol Test Cases Version 1.1
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/46156/kmip-testcases-v1.1-cnprd02.zip

The resolution log for comments received in the prior public review
announced 22 January 2012 is available at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/46158/KMIP-TC-Public-Review-Comments-22mar2012-.xls

Additional information about the specification and the OASIS Key
Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP) TC may be found at the TC's
public home page:

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/kmip/

Comments may be submitted to the TC by any person through the use of the
OASIS TC Comment Facility which can be located via the button labeled
"Send A Comment" at the top of the TC public home, or directly at:

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=kmip

Comments submitted by TC non-members for this work and for other work of
this TC are publicly archived and can be viewed at:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/kmip-comment/

All comments submitted to OASIS are subject to the OASIS Feedback
License, which ensures that the feedback you provide carries the same
obligations at least as the obligations of the TC members. In connection
with this public review of KMIP V1.1 Committee Specification and Note
drafts, we call your attention to the OASIS IPR Policy [2] applicable
especially [3] to the work of this technical committee. All members of
the TC should be familiar with this document, which may create
obligations regarding the disclosure and availability of a member's
patent, copyright, trademark and license rights that read on an approved
OASIS specification.

OASIS invites any persons who know of any such claims to disclose these
if they may be essential to the implementation of the above
specification, so that notice of them may be posted to the notice page
for this TC's work.

========== Additional references:

[1] OASIS Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP) TC
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/kmip/

[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.php

[3] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/kmip/ipr.php
RF on RAND Mode
https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/ipr#s10.2.2

/chet
----------------
Chet Ensign
Director of Standards Development and TC Administration
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393