Subject: [saag] Fwd: Call for Papers: IAB/IRTF Workshop on Congestion Control for Interactive Real-Time Communication, July 28, 2012 Vancouver, Canada

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 08:52:28 -0400

FYI ...

spt

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Call for Papers: IAB/IRTF Workshop on Congestion Control for
Interactive Real-Time Communication, July 28, 2012 Vancouver, Canada
Date: 	Wed, 23 May 2012 10:47:49 -0700
From: 	IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
Organization: 	Internet Architecture Board
To: 	<[email-masked]>
CC: 	[email-masked]

   IAB / IRTF Workshop on
   Congestion Control for Interactive
   Real-Time Communication

     July 28, 2012
     Vancouver, Canada

The IAB and IRTF will hold a workshop on Congestion Control for
Interactive Real-Time Communication" in Vancouver, Canada on Saturday,
July 28th, 2012 prior to the IETF-84 meeting (see
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/84/index.html
<http://www.ietf.org/meeting/83/index.html>). Participation at the
workshop is free of charge. There is no requirement to either register
with or attend the IETF-84 meeting that follows the workshop.

The workshop organizers would like to foster a discussion on:

  1. What are appropriate congestion signals to use for interactive media
     and data?
  2. What existing congestion control algorithms are appropriate for
     interactive media and data? What properties would be desirable in
     new congestion control algorithms?
  3. Measurement and/or simulations of new congestion signals (e.g.,
     delay-based) and their interaction with existing congestion control
     mechanisms.
  4. What are good available techniques for adjusting sending rates for
     interactive media and data? What are the limits of those techniques?
     What properties would be desirable in new techniques?
  5. What application-specific considerations have to be taken into account?
  6. How can we ensure that real-time communications are well-behaved
     with respect to other Internet applications while still providing
     good quality?
  7. What should the IETF and/or IRTF do?

The organizers seek position papers on any or all of these topics, as
well as other topics related to congestion control for interactive
realtime media.

Every prospective workshop participant must submit a position paper
containing a name and an email address. Authors of accepted papers will
be invited to the workshop. Papers up to 3 pages, formatted in HTML,
PDF, or plain text (for example, as a submitted Internet-Draft) are
ideal. Accepted position papers will be published. Additional details
about the meeting venue will be provided to authors of accepted papers.

     Important Dates

Position paper submission deadline: June 23, 2012
Notification to paper authors: June 30, 2012
Workshop date: July 28, 2012

     Additional Details

Additional details on the workshop as well as the submission process is
available at http://www.iab.org/cc-workshop/

     Contact

     To sponsors: If you are interested to help us working towards better
     interactive media congestion control mechanisms on the Internet
     (such as by making a contribution towards catering costs and room
     rental), please contact us!

In case of questions please send email to mary.ietf.barnes at gmail.com.