Subject: [saag] fyi: CA/Browser Forum (CABF) reform deliberations + Revocation and TLS/SSL Replacements/Enhancements

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 01:02:34 -0700

The CA/Browser Forum (CABF) was mentioned a few times during this very 
interesting presentation in the PKIX session at IETF-83 Paris yesterday...

Trust-Related Activities:
Internet Certification Authorities
Revocation and SSL Replacements/Enhancements
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/83/slides/slides-83-pkix-10.pdf

FYI, as I mentioned in the session, the CA/Browser Forum (CABF) is entertaining 
governance reforms, as announced here.

   CA/Browser Forum Announces Organizational Reform Working Group
   http://cabforum.org/org_announcement.html

The CABF is soliciting public input, the deadline for input is unfortunately 
fast approaching, it is this Friday, March 30, 2012.

In terms of the sorts of reforms some parties are proposing, here's PayPal's 
input..

   PayPal supports reform at the CA/Browser Forum
 
http://www.thesecuritypractice.com/the_security_practice/2012/03/paypal-supports-reform-at-the-cabrowser-forum.html

I'm here @ietf-83, feel free to reach out if you have any questions,

=JeffH

---

From: Ben Laurie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 08:10:27 +0000

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 8:02 AM, =JeffH <[email-masked]>wrote:

> https://www.ietf.org/**proceedings/83/slides/slides-**83-pkix-10.pdf<https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/83/slides/slides-83-pkix-10.pdf>

Hmmm...

a) Doesn't mention Certificate Transparency.

b) Thinks Sovereign Keys (and presumably, had they mentioned it, CT) is a
TTP, which is incorrect.