Subject: [saag] kitten Summary - IETF 83

From: Shawn M Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 13:59:20 -0600

Co-chairs: Tom Yu, Shawn Emery, and Alexey Melnikov

The WG met in the 1st afternoon session on Tuesday (3.27.12).  The two
hour session was shared with the Kerberos WG, with Kerberos meeting for the
first half.  There were five presentations on WG and non-WG work items as
follows:

Naming Extensions Updates
-------------------------
	Draft has gone through the 4th WGLC since last IETF.  Rev 13 was submitted
with minor updates to the draft.  Nico Williams had proposed a few changes:

	Prefix clarification
	Rewrite of section 6
	Reserving names with '@' signs for local names

Consensus on the list and in the room agreed to the changes proposed.  Will IETF
LC with updated draft.

SASL-OAuth Issues
-----------------
	Issue had been brought up on whether the protocol messaging should use
HTTP or a simplified format.  During the session it was determined that there
were not enough of implementers in the room to perform a consensus call to which
format is preferred.  We will make a consensus call to the list and possibly
cross-posting to the applications area.

SASL-SAML-EC Issues
-------------------
	There are a couple of unresolved issues with the current draft in regards to
naming and crypto.  The naming issue is that since that the SP exchange is defined then
<NameID>   needs to be specified.  In addition, there is currently no specification for
per-message tokens and PRF.  There wasn't any feed-back in the room.  Will take the
issues to the list.

SASLPrep (non-WG)
-----------------
	Alexey had presented the current state of SASLPrep from the Precis WG.  Open
issues/questions include:

	Do we use two separate profiles for Usernames and Passwords?
	Should we switch from NFKC to NFC?
	Should usernames be lowercased?

There were no consensus calls made in the room on the above items, but should be
followed-up in the Precis WG.

draft-ietf-abfab-gss-eap-naming URN
-----------------------------------
	Sam Hartman solicited feedback on URNs in the gss-eap-naming draft for abfab.
The consensus in the room was to expand on abbreviations for "fed" and "attr" of the
following:

	urn:ietf:params:gss:fed-saml-nameid
	urn:ietf:params:gss:fed-saml-assertion
	urn:ietf:params:gss:fed-saml-attr
	urn:ietf:params:gss:radius-attr

Shawn.
--