Subject: [saag] OAUTH Report for IETF-83

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 11:27:03 -0400

Hi,

OAUTH met earlier this afternoon in Afternoon Session I at 13h00 for a
two hour session.  After introducing ourselves and welcoming me to the
working group we thanked Barry and Blaine for their service.

Torsten spoke about draft-ietf-oauth-v2-threatmodel.  This document has
completed WG Last Call.  Torsten has applied changes based on the Last
Call Comments and has published a new revision.  Barry promised to
finish his PROTO Shepard review next week so we can send this document
to the IESG.  He promises to take Mike Thomas' issues from the list into
account and make sure that everyone is happy.

[ I'd like to extend a personal thank you to Barry for continuing his role
  as document shephard for this draft.  -- derek ]

Next, Mike Jones spoke about the Assertions, SAML2 Bearer, and
URN-Sub-NS drafts.  Except for one outstanding issue Mike believes these
documents are ready for WGLC.  Consensus in the room was to take these
three docs to WGLC, which the chairs will do by the end of next week.

The MAC Token draft has languished while time was spent working on the
core document.  Eran was not here, nor was he online, to talk about the
status of the MAC Token draft.  There were only a few people in the room
interested in reviewing the draft, which was not a clear consensus of
interest, even though this document does solve a problem that the bearer
tokens cannot.  The chairs will take it to the list to evaluate if there
is enough interest to continue with this document.

In a related note, this document (as well as the v2-bearer document) is
not available off the tools page even though it has not expired.  I have
taken the action item to get that sorted out.

Finally, we spent the majority of our time talking about rechartering
based on the proposed charter sent to the list by Hannes a week or two
ago.  Consensus of the room was that there was enough interest to
recharter based roughly on the proposed charter.  There was also
consensus to include Simple Web Discovery (in addition to, and separate
from, Dynamic Client Registration), although we will need to work with
the ADs to make sure it gets handled in the appropriate WG and Area.
Moreover, it's important to make sure the appropriate applications area
participants get involved in the SWD work.

Hannes and I will revise the proposed charter and send it out to the WG
for additional comments and feedback.  Our goal is to send it to the
IESG for approval on their April 26th telechat.  This would hopefully
result in approval on the May 10th chat, after public comment.

We finished the meeting at 14h30.

-- 
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant

---

From: "Derek Atkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 08:14:46 +0200

Yes, you are missing the meeting we had yesterday where it was discussed to be added to the charter.

-derek, WG Chair

Sent from my HTC on the Now Network from Sprint!

----- Reply message -----
From: "Eran Hammer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Mar 30, 2012 4:25 am
Subject: [OAUTH-WG] OAUTH Report for IETF-83
To: "William Mills" <[email-masked]>, "Derek Atkins" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

---

From: "Derek Atkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 08:22:45 +0200

Correct.

SWD may or may not happen in this group. The important part is getting the right people in the same room to work on it.  If that is here, great. If that is in its own group, that's great too.  If it won't happen in another group and if people here are wanting it, then that would imply this is the right place.

We can discuss whether SWD is needed, but there was certainly interest in the WG meeting yesterday.

-derek

----- Reply message -----
From: "William Mills" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Mar 30, 2012 1:26 am
Subject: [OAUTH-WG] OAUTH Report for IETF-83
To: "Eran Hammer" <[email-masked]>, "Derek Atkins" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>