Subject: [saag] fyi: CA/Browser Forum Announces Organizational Reform Working Group

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 09:12:08 -0800

Of possible interest (note the solicitation of position papers and statements 
of interest down at the end; Also, this has already been posted to [email-masked])...

---
http://cabforum.org/

28 February 2012

CA/Browser Forum Announces Organizational Reform Working Group

The CA/Browser Forum is a voluntary organization of leading certification 
authorities (CAs) and vendors of Internet browser software and other applications.

At the twenty fifth face to face meeting of the CA/Browser Forum, held in Santa 
Clara, California, USA on February 22 and 23rd, 2012, the membership agreed to 
form a working group on organizational reform. The task of this group will be 
to develop and present to the full organization, by April 16th, proposals for a 
new charter and bylaws.

The CA/Browser Forum recognizes the growing importance of the PKI marketplace 
as a critical piece of Internet infrastructure, and the need to continue to 
safeguard and advance the public's trust in the Internet as a secure place for 
communication, socialization and commerce. The goal of the reform will be to 
evolve the organization into a more mature and capable, multi-stakeholder forum 
that can promote the growth and maintenance of the public PKI and certificate 
ecosystem in the interests of Internet security and the broader public good.

Key topics to be addressed by the special working group include:

     Formal incorporation of the Forum;
     A broader scope of action;
     Wider membership and participation in the Forum, including by certificate 
subscribers, relying parties, and users; and
     A more open and public process.

In support of this process, the special working group is soliciting short (no 
more than 750 words, please) position papers and statements of interest from 
organizations and individuals on these topics. We encourage stakeholders to 
submit their comments to [email-masked] now through March 30, 2012. All 
submissions will be posted publicly on the CA/Browser Forum website. 
(www.cabforum.org)

---
end

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 12:50:42 -0800

Please warn people to remove liquids from their mouths before reading the press release...

On Feb 28, 2012, at 9:12 AM, =JeffH wrote:

> The CA/Browser Forum recognizes the growing importance of the PKI marketplace as a critical piece of Internet infrastructure. . .