Subject: [saag] MILE Working Group Summary

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 21:21:03 -0500

MILE Working Group Summary:
The MILE working group met for the first time on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 3:10 PM.  

We had a successful meeting, the highlights are as follows:

RFC6045-bis and RFC6046-bis will move to working group last call following this meeting.  The documents will be updated to reflect their status as being adopted by the working group prior to the last call (once -00 documents can be posted).

    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moriarty-mile-rfc6045-bis-02
    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-trammell-mile-rfc6046-bis-01

The working group agreed to combine the template document and IANA XML Registry document into a single draft.  The working group voted to adopt the combined document.  Documents to be combined into WG draft:
"Guidelines for Extensions to IODEF for Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange"
     http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-trammell-mile-template
"Expert Review for IODEF Extensions in IANA XML Registry"
    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-trammell-mile-iodef-xmlreg

The “IODEF Extension to Support Structured Cybersecurity Information” draft was adopted as a working group item.  The draft issues were discussed, an updated document will be posted that includes the new name reflecting WG adoption.
    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-takahashi-mile-sci-02

The GRC Report Exchange document (Generalization of RID to exchange XML documents securely) will go to the list for a consensus call on adoption.  
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moriarty-mile-grc-exchange/

The “IODEF Extension, Labeling for data protection, retention, policies, and regulations”, requires an update before a WG consensus call takes place.
    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-goodier-mile-data-markers-00.txt

The IODEF Guidance document and Forensics extension have not been posted yet (in the charter).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!
Kathleen