Subject: [saag] kitten Summary - IETF 82

From: Shawn M Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 22:10:04 -0700

Co-chairs: Tom Yu, Shawn Emery, and Alexey Melnikov

The WG met in the 3rd afternoon session on Tuesday (11.15.11).  There
were four presentations on work/charter items as follows:

Naming Extensions Comments
--------------------------
	Issues were raised during WGLC on the naming extensions draft;
there is no form of enforcing criticality when asserting naming attributes.
Proposed solution by Nico Williams involves inquiring the credential
handle to verify that said name attribute was set.  The caller can
inference this after context establishment.

SASL-OpenID Issues
------------------
	Problems were found during Gen-ART and secdir review.  The
Gen-ART review raised issues with downward references made to OpenID
specifications.  The stability level of said reference, in regards
to any future versioning and availability, was in question. Authors
will discuss with OpenID on guaranteeing stability level for these
references.  secdir review cited several clarifying issues which were
agreed upon and mostly resolved.

SASL-OAuth Changes
------------------
	There were a number of proposed changes/questions on the OAuth
draft including which form (HTTP-Style or native), security functionality
(Bearer Token, Public Key, MAC), and discovery method (native SASL or
separate mechanism).  There wasn't enough time to take consensus on the
topics in the room, so we will take this to the list.

GSS-API Memory Management Issues
--------------------------------
	Sam Hartman discussed issues found when dealing with various
platforms regarding memory management.  He believes that these
problems could be resolved w/o changing the API or adding new ones.
E-mail will be sent to the list to start this discussion that the
various mechanism implementers can determine is this will address their
instance.

Shawn.
--