Subject: [saag] Fwd: Last Call: <draft-oreirdan-mody-bot-remediation-16.txt> (Recommendations for the Remediation of Bots in ISP Networks) to Informational RFC

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 15:02:56 +0100

FYI - some folks on here commented on this previously and I'd
be interested to know of any remaining last call comments.

Thanks,
S.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Last Call: <draft-oreirdan-mody-bot-remediation-16.txt> 
(Recommendations for the Remediation of Bots in ISP Networks) to 
Informational RFC
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 06:52:22 -0700
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Recommendations for the Remediation of Bots in ISP Networks'
   <draft-oreirdan-mody-bot-remediation-16.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

    This document contains recommendations on how Internet Service
    Providers can manage the effects of computers used by their
    subscribers, which have been infected with malicious bots, via
    various remediation techniques.  Internet users with infected
    computers are exposed to risks such as loss of personal data, as well
    as increased susceptibility to online fraud and/or phishing.  Such
    computers can also become an inadvertent participant in or component
    of an online crime network, spam network, and/or phishing network, as
    well as be used as a part of a distributed denial of service attack.
    Mitigating the effects of and remediating the installations of
    malicious bots will make it more difficult for botnets to operate and
    could reduce the level of online crime on the Internet in general
    and/or on a particular Internet Service Provider's network.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-oreirdan-mody-bot-remediation/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-oreirdan-mody-bot-remediation/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce