Subject: [saag] abfab meeting summary for IETF81

From: Klaas Wierenga <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 10:14:47 +0200

Abfab met in the morning session on Friday 29th of July

The progress of the WG documents was discussed (progressing well) as
well as 3 proposals for new work:

- -  gss-eap as Kerberos pre-authentication
(draft-perez-abfab-eap-gss-preauth)

This work proposes to use gss-eap as Kerberos pre-authentication in
order to use Kerberos in a federated environment. It is as of yet
unclear in what WG (Kerberos, Kitten or Abfab) this work fits best, but
this approach solves a number of real world problems and as such is
worth pursuing.

- - federated cross layer access (draft-wei-abfab-fcla)

This draft proposes to use the authentication mechanisms of mobile
operators (GBA) in combination with Abfab to authenticate to application
son the Internet. The draft is very sketchy at the moment, and the
author was urged to provide more detail.

- - multihop federations (draft-mrw-abfab-multihop-fed)

This draft explains an architecture that allows for the establishment of
technical trust between AAA-servers by using so-called trust routers,
entities that act as introducers to other trust routers or AAA-servers
and that learn the paths to them.

All three of these drafts are currently not being taken on as WG docs,
but may so after the work on WG documents has sufficiently progressed.

Detailed minutes can be found at:

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/81/minutes/abfab.txt

Klaas Wierenga & Leif Johansson (co-chairs abfab)