Subject: [saag] IPsecme WG update

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:47:05 +0300

We just posted this update to the ipsecme mailing list. This is where 
we're at right now...

---

Hi,

The working group recently published its last chartered deliverable, RFC
6311 (HA Protocol). We would like to use this opportunity to thank the
authors.

The group has not met for the last few IETF meetings, and will not meet
this week in Quebec City. The current charter
(http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ipsecme/charters) is set to auto-expire by
2/2012, which means the group is now officially going into hibernation,
and will disband in February unless we have a new charter before that date.

If you have a work item that you believe will be of interest to multiple
WG participants, you will need to raise it on the mailing list and to
get enough group support to explicitly add it to the charter. You will
need to convince the chairs and ADs that several people with different
affiliations are committed to contribute to the work item. Otherwise,
the alternative document streams (Independent or Individual) are your
best bet.

We are open to suggestions for new work items, but are not actively
trying to keep the WG open. Any proposals would need to come with
commitments from more than just one or two people to work on them.

Thanks,

     Paul and Yaron