Subject: [saag] kitten Summary for IETF 81

From: Shawn M Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 21:08:24 -0700 (PDT)

Co-chairs: Tom Yu, Shawn Emery, Alexey Melnikov

The WG met in the 3rd afternoon session on Thursday (7.28.11).  There 
were three presentations on two new work items and GSS-APIv2u1 issues:

Replay cache avoidance
--------------------
     Replay caches are problematic; slow, clustering difficult, etc.  
There were a number of possible solutions including an implicit 3rd leg 
or explicit 3rd leg GSS security context establishment.  The consensus 
in the room was in support of implicit 3rd leg context tokens.  Of 
course all consensus calls made here will be brought to the list.

Exporting partially established security context
----------------------------------------
     There is a need to export partially established security context 
for processes that restart.  There were a couple of solutions proposed 
including a new utility function or just allow this, possibly with a new 
major status code.  Consensus in the room was that there was support for 
providing a utility function to do this and form a design team to spec 
the interface and token format.

GSS-APIv2u1 issues
-----------------
     A number of issues were raised with the existing API, including 
buffer management, hacks to extend API features (e.g. set context and 
credentials options), minor status, and layering limitations.  A number 
of proposals were made as solutions, but consensus in the room was to 
start a design team to explore possible interfaces before deciding on a 
particular solution.

Shawn.
--