Subject: [saag] Request for public comments on NIST TDEA specification

From: "Polk, William T." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 09:41:45 -0400

NIST has another specification out for comment that may be of interest.  This specification covers the Triple Data Encryption Algorithm (TDEA) [aka Triple DES].

Thanks,

Tim Polk
________________________________________
From: Barker, Elaine B.
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:40 AM
To: Caswell, Sara J.; Polk, William T.
Subject: Request for public comments

Could you please send the following to your mailing lists? Thanks.  Elaine

NIST requests comments on a revision of Special Publication (SP) 800-67,
Recommendation for the Triple Data Encryption Algorithm (TDEA) Block
Cipher. This revision includes an update of references appropriate for
the publication, and an identification of requirements that are not
tested by NIST's Cryptographic Algorithm Validation Program and
Cryptographic Module Validation Program, but are required for secure
use. The changes are highlighted in yellow for easy review. Please
provide comments by August 31st, 2011 to [email-masked], with
"Comments on SP 800-67 (TDEA)" in the subject line.