Subject: [saag] Pasi's AD Notes for October 2009

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:37:44 +0100

Here's again a short status update about what things are going on from
my point-of-view. If you notice anything that doesn't look right, let
me know -- miscommunication and mix-ups do happen.

Best regards,
Pasi

MISC NOTES
- Preparing IETF76 SAAG agenda and SecDir lunch with Tim.
- Looking into RFC editor errata for security-related AD-sponsored 
  documents with Tim.
- Some IODEF/INCH related discussions.
- (Not wearing AD hat): Discussions about draft-krawczyk-hkdf on 
  CFRG list.
- Tools work: Django 1.x transition, test suite improvements, 
  retiring many old scripts (my lines-of-code-per-day average 
  productivity this month is heavily negative :-).
- I've been asked to sponsor draft-marin-eap-frm-fastreauth; waiting
  for me to take a look and reply to the authors [since 2009-10-26]

WORKING GROUPS

DKIM
- draft-ietf-dkim-deployment: currently in Publication Requested
  state, waiting for me to read it [since 2009-10-26]
- Waiting for Stephen and Barry for new charter text (noting that 
  current work items are completed and adding 4871bis)
- I still need to review what to do about errata 1385, 1532, and 1596
- Talking with chairs and others about mailing list (mis)behavior.

EMU
- EMU WG received a new liaison statement from ITU-T about X.1034; 
  the WG chairs have the token for doing something about it.

IPSECME
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-resumption: was approved by the IESG;
  waiting for the secretariat to send the announcement.
- The IANA registrations for RFC 4543 have now been fixed, and RFC
  editor errata approved (see email on list for details).
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-traffic-visibility: went through IETF last call;
  waiting for authors to address the comments received [since 2009-10-30]
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-ipv6-config (not wearing AD hat): went
  through IESG evaluation, and new version was submitted. Waiting
  for Tim to remove the RFC Editor Note and Russ to check the 
  new version, and clear his DISCUSS [since 2009-10-30]
- draft-kanno-ipsecme-camellia-xcbc (not WG item): the authors
  have asked if I would sponsor this as individual submission.
  I've sent some questions to them, and I'm currently waiting
  for their reply [since 2009-10-14]
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect (not wearing AD hat; Tim is 
  handling this one): currently in AUTH48, waiting for the authors
  (I think).
- Some discussions about clarifying IKEv2 IANA registries (for
  encryption algorithms) and fixing a bug in RFC 4307. Waiting
  for Tero to submit an errata about the latter.
- IANA registry entry for PRF_AES128_XCBC was fixed (thanks to 
  Alfred and Paul).
- Processed one errata for RFC 2410.

ISMS

KEYPROV
- Apparently waiting for the chairs to send some documents
  my way...

PKIX
- draft-ietf-pkix-sha2-dsa-ecdsa: was approved by IESG, now in RFC 
  editor queue.
- draft-ietf-pkix-rfc4055-update: in RFC Editor queue, waiting for
  draft-ietf-pkix-sha2-dsa-ecdsa.

SASL
- draft-ietf-sasl-scram: was approved by IESG; now in RFC editor 
  queue.
- draft-ietf-sasl-gs2: currently in IETF last call (ends 2009-11-18);
  hoping the authors submit a revised ID when submissions re-open.
- (not WG item) draft-melnikov-sasl-scram-ldap: waiting for authors 
  to submit a revised ID when submissions re-open; placed on the agenda 
  of the 2009-11-19 IESG telechat.
- (not WG item) draft-altman-tls-channel-bindings: currently in 
  IETF last call (ends 2009-11-02); active discussion ongoing.

SYSLOG
- draft-ietf-syslog-sign: in IESG evaluation; active discussions
  ongoing; waiting for me to reply to some of the emails; waiting
  for Alex to reply to some others.

TLS
- draft-ietf-tls-rfc4366-bis: the document was updated to address
  IETF last call comments; placed on the agenda of 2009-11-19 IESG
  telechat.
- draft-ietf-tls-extractor: waiting for Eric to reply to email
  [since 2009-10-05]; also in AUTH48.
- Processed two errata for RFC 4346.
- (not WG item) see SASL WG for draft-altman-tls-channel-bindings

OTHER DOCUMENTS

DISCUSSES (active -- something happened within last month)

- draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-meth: waiting for authors to reply
  to my comments [since 2009-10-22]
- draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-term: waiting for authors to reply
  to my comments [since 2009-10-22]
- draft-ietf-eai-downgraded-display: discussion ongoing; currently
  waiting for the authors to reply [since 2009-10-26]
- draft-ietf-mipshop-pfmipv6: discussion ongoing; currently
  waiting for the authors to reply [since 2009-10-29]
- draft-ietf-ntp-autokey: waiting for Ralph's proposal on
  how to proceed [since 2009-10-19]
- draft-ietf-roll-home-routing-reqs: text agreed, waiting for
  the authors to submit a revised ID [sincer 2009-10-29]
- draft-ietf-sip-certs: discussion ongoing; currently waiting
  for the authors to reply [since 2009-10-26]

DISCUSSES (stalled -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over one month)

- draft-cain-post-inch-phishingextns: waiting for authors
  to submit a revised ID [since 2009-09-04]
- draft-solinas-rfc4753bis: waiting for authors to reply
  to my comments [since 2009-09-24]

DISCUSSES (presumed dead -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over three months)

- draft-cheshire-dnsext-nbp: waiting for authors to reply to my
  comments [since 2008-12-03] (pinged again on 2009-04-30,
  2009-06-09, 2009-10-29)
- draft-ietf-bfd-base: text agreed, waiting for authors to submit 
  a revised ID [since 2009-03-19] (pinged again on 2009-04-30,
  2009-06-09, 2009-10-29)
- draft-ietf-dime-diameter-api: waiting for Dan to get WG's opinion 
  on whether this will be useful and if yes, why [since 2009-06-18]
- draft-ietf-sipping-policy-package: waiting for draft-ietf-sipping-
  media-policy-dataset to progress (or more information from Robert)
  [since 2008-10-28]

--end--