Subject: [Rtg-open-source] rtg-open-source list and meeting at IETF 98

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 15:49:48 -0500

There hasn't been substantial discussion or coordination on the
rtg-opens-source mailing list.  We did meet in person at IETF 97 and there
was a suggestion for having a more general meeting (non-WG forming BoF type
thing) that would discuss different open source projects, their maturity,
and deployed state and use.  The BOF deadline is February 10 and I haven't
heard of motion on this idea yet.

Is it useful to consider meeting in person again at IETF 98?  Is it
sufficient to simply have this mailing list for discussion and coordination
when necessary?

Without enthusiasm expressed here, I'm not anticipating having a meeting at
IETF 98.

Regards,
Alia

---

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 19:32:36 +0000

Hi Alia,

I think an in person meeting would be useful and will prioritize it in my schedule if it occurs.
I found our brief meeting at IETF 97 informative and a good use of time.

Cheers,
Charles

From: Rtg-open-source <[email-masked]> on behalf of Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Friday, February 3, 2017 at 12:49 PM
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Rtg-open-source] rtg-open-source list and meeting at IETF 98

There hasn't been substantial discussion or coordination on the rtg-opens-source mailing list.  We did meet in person at IETF 97 and there was a suggestion for having a more general meeting (non-WG forming BoF type thing) that would discuss different open source projects, their maturity, and deployed state and use.  The BOF deadline is February 10 and I haven't heard of motion on this idea yet.

Is it useful to consider meeting in person again at IETF 98?  Is it sufficient to simply have this mailing list for discussion and coordination when necessary?

Without enthusiasm expressed here, I'm not anticipating having a meeting at IETF 98.

Regards,
Alia

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 14:59:29 -0500

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the feedback.   The last couple we've just gone around the room
and done introductions.
I'd rather see something more useful/interactive this time as well.  I'm
happy to approve (or request)
a room and assume that Thursday breakfast would be the time, again.

I'd be delighted to see some self-organization on the list around what
would be useful to do or discuss.

I'm happy to attend and listen and think about what can be usefully done
for better integration, but
I don't think that I can personally drive this community or the meetings
and have them be beneficial.

Regards,
Alia

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 2:32 PM, Charles Eckel (eckelcu) <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> *From: *Rtg-open-source <[email-masked]> on behalf of
> Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
> *Date: *Friday, February 3, 2017 at 12:49 PM
> *To: *"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> *Subject: *[Rtg-open-source] rtg-open-source list and meeting at IETF 98
>
>
>