Subject: [rtcweb] Fwd: [discuss-webrtc] Google is releasing a WebRTC interoperability test system as open source project

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 14:30:51 +0200

This should be interesting for anyone who wants to make sure WebRTC apps
keep running in multiple browsers, as well as (fo course) browser
developers.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[discuss-webrtc] Google is releasing a WebRTC interoperability
test system as open source project
Date: 	Tue, 10 Oct 2017 02:43:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	discuss-webrtc <[email-masked]>

We’re pleased to announce KITE <https://github.com/webrtc/KITE>, a new
tool for testing WebRTC interoperability across browsers. With this open
source project we aim to improve interoperability across browsers and
ensure WebRTC is a stable and predictable standard for real time
communications on the web.

The system is designed to run tests that establish WebRTC sessions
between different browsers on different operating systems, reporting the
results in a convenient dashboard.

The system can be setup to run stand alone, or as a Selenium grid
<https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium/wiki/Grid2>consisting of
different test nodes running different test environments. The test nodes
can run on physical or virtual machines. In addition, KITE supports
cloud solutions such as SauceLabs, BrowserStack and TestingBot. KITE
supports Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge, as well as other browsers
implementing WebDriver.

KITE has been designed and developed by the WebRTC enthusiasts at CosMo
Software <http://webrtcbydralex.com>, and is part of Google’s
contribution towards WebRTC 1.0. It supplements the already existing Web
Platform Tests
<https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/tree/master/webrtc>by
allowing us to test interoperability between different browsers, not
just one browser at a time.

In the upcoming months we aim to further extend KITE with new test
features and connection tests. We encourage developers to try out KITE,
and welcome contributions to the open source project.

Regards,

Huib Kleinhout

Product Manager @ Google

-- 

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "discuss-webrtc" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]>.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/discuss-webrtc/2260f3c9-e5e2-4e13-a121-9fe19e373278%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/discuss-webrtc/2260f3c9-e5e2-4e13-a121-9fe19e373278%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.