Subject: [rtcweb] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-rtcweb-jsep-21

From: Carlos Martinez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 18:21:43 -0700

Reviewer: Carlos Martinez
Review result: Ready

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of
the IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included
in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should
treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

Noting that I'm certainly not an expert on the subject matter, I've found this
document to be READY. I found it well-written, it contains plenty of detailed
examples (which I believe are really important for API and programming-heavy
documents), and includes plenty of references as well.

Please do not forget to remove "Appendix B.  Change log".

A minor observation, not even a nit, is that the text in the Security
Considerations "While formally the JSEP interface is an API, it is better to
think of it is an Internet protocol, with the JS being untrustworthy from the
perspective of the endpoint. " could be more clear.

thanks!

/Carlos

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 11:13:20 -0700

> On Aug 16, 2017, at 6:21 PM, Carlos Martinez <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Thanks Carlos, I'll have a look at the things you mention ( https://github.com/rtcweb-wg/jsep/issues/791 <https://github.com/rtcweb-wg/jsep/issues/791> and https://github.com/rtcweb-wg/jsep/issues/792 <https://github.com/rtcweb-wg/jsep/issues/792> for tracking )