Subject: [rtcweb] Last Call: <draft-ietf-rtcweb-overview-18.txt> (Overview: Real Time Protocols for Browser-based Applications) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 08:37:21 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Real-Time Communication in
WEB-browsers WG (rtcweb) to consider the following document:
- 'Overview: Real Time Protocols for Browser-based Applications'
  <draft-ietf-rtcweb-overview-18.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-03-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document gives an overview and context of a protocol suite
   intended for use with real-time applications that can be deployed in
   browsers - "real time communication on the Web".

   It intends to serve as a starting and coordination point to make sure
   all the parts that are needed to achieve this goal are findable, and
   that the parts that belong in the Internet protocol suite are fully
   specified and on the right publication track.

   This document is an Applicability Statement - it does not itself
   specify any protocol, but specifies which other specifications WebRTC
   compliant implementations are supposed to follow.

   This document is a work item of the RTCWEB working group.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-overview/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-overview/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-ietf-rtcweb-jsep: Javascript Session Establishment Protocol (None - IETF stream)
Note that some of these references may already be listed in the acceptable Downref Registry.