Subject: [rtcweb] Review of draft-ietf-rtcweb-overview-18

From: Jon Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 11:18:07 -0700

Reviewer: Jon Mitchell
Review result: Ready

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's

ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These 
comments were written with the intent of improving the operational
aspects of the 
IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be
included in AD reviews 
during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments 
just like any other last call comments. 

This document is an overall of the WebRTC protocols that are
considered a "minimum" set to claim compliance with the standard the
draft sets forth.  As far as I can tell, no new protocols or
implementation details are contained in the draft and operational
concerns largely are covered (or not) by the many referenced protocol
specifications within it.  Therefore, I believe this draft is Ready,
although there is some question in my mind of whether this is actually
a standards track versus best current practice document as
interoperability from the standpoint of this document seems to not
require any new on the wire negotiation (outside of each individual's
protocols negotiations).

---

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 23:09:57 +0100

> require any new on the wire negotiation (outside of each individual's

Thanks for the review!

At one point I wondered if the correct designation for this document was
the rarely-used "Applicability Statement". The WG decided to not do
process experiments with this one, but did want it on the standards
track - ie "informational" was not appropriate.

AS documents are standards-track documents.