Subject: [rtcweb] JSEP Section 5.4 Question

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 14:20:57 -0800

In Section 5.4, JSEP says:

" The SDP returned from createOffer or createAnswer MUST NOT be changed
   before passing it to setLocalDescription."

[BA] Does this mean that *any* change to description.sdp is unacceptable
(e.g. byte for byte identical)?

Or is the text trying to say that the parsed representation must be the
same (e.g. "a=" lines appearing in a different order shouldn't matter)?

This has come up in updating the WebRTC 1.0 API to make it compatible with
the new JSEP text.

---

From: Taylor Brandstetter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 14:40:41 -0800

By the way, Section 5.8 currently says:

   First, the parsed parameters are checked to ensure that they are
>    identical to those generated in the last call to createOffer/
>    createAnswer, and thus have not been altered, as discussed in
>    Section 5.4; otherwise, processing MUST stop and an error MUST be
>    returned.
>
> So there seems to be a slight disconnect between 5.4 and 5.8.