Subject: [rtcweb] OARS solution for webrtc application

From: "Aijun Wang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 09:52:04 +0800

Hi, all respectable RTCWEB experts:

Here we propose one draft that can cover peer to peer communication scenario
under various complex network environment(Cone/Symmetry NAT, IPv4&IPv6
Coexistence etc.) with the unified solution. 

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-rtcweb-oars-00

This document proposes a new relay-based NAT traversal architecture called
OARS which could simplify the data communication process
    between two hosts that locates behind some non-BEHAVE compliant [RFC4787
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4787> ] [RFC5382
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5382> ] NAT devices.  The key mechanism in
OARS is the
    newly defined "Couple" operation (using STUN [RFC5389
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5389> ] message format) which allows the
Relay servers to be easily incorporated
    into existing CGN/CDN nodes which are already deployed within the
network in a distributed manner.

One brief introduction can be accessed at
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/96/slides/slides-96-tram-1.pdf, wish to
hear your valuable comments on this topic.

Best Regards.

Aijun Wang

China Telecom Beijing Research Institute

Network R&D and Operation Support Department