Subject: [rtcweb] Protocol Action: 'Application Layer Protocol Negotiation for Web Real-Time Communications (WebRTC)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-rtcweb-alpn-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 09:48:25 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Application Layer Protocol Negotiation for Web Real-Time
   Communications (WebRTC)'
  (draft-ietf-rtcweb-alpn-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Real-Time Communication in
WEB-browsers Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov, Ben Campbell and Alissa
Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-alpn/

This is pretty simple/short draft that defines/registers two Application 
Layer Protocol Negotiation (ALPN) [RFC7301] values to enable an endpoint 
to positively identify WebRTC uses and distinguish them from other DTLS 
uses (i.e., provide media isolation).  The two values are webrtc and c-
webrtc; the first identifies a session that uses a combination of WebRTC 
compatible media and data, and the second identifies a session requiring 
confidentiality protection.

As far as where you should point your fingers:
- Sean Turner is the document shepherd, and;
- Alissa Cooper is the responsible Area Director.