Subject: [rtcweb] RFC 7875 on Additional WebRTC Audio Codecs for Interoperability

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 16:48:18 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7875

        Title:      Additional WebRTC Audio Codecs for 
                    Interoperability 
        Author:     S. Proust, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26626
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rtcweb-audio-codecs-for-interop-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7875

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7875

To ensure a baseline of interoperability between WebRTC endpoints, a
minimum set of required codecs is specified.  However, to maximize
the possibility of establishing the session without the need for
audio transcoding, it is also recommended to include in the offer
other suitable audio codecs that are available to the browser.

This document provides some guidelines on the suitable codecs to be
considered for WebRTC endpoints to address the use cases most
relevant to interoperability.

This document is a product of the Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC