Subject: [rtcweb] Alissa Cooper's Yes on draft-ietf-rtcweb-audio-10: (with COMMENT)

From: "Alissa Cooper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 10:18:46 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-rtcweb-audio-10: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-audio/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The text below is due to be added in Section 3 of the document, pending
list confirmation of consensus in the room from IETF 95, which is due to
wrap up on April 20.

"DTMF events generated by a WebRTC endpoint MUST have a duration of no
more than 8000 ms and no less than 40 ms.  The recommended default
duration is 100 ms for each tone. The gap between events MUST be no less
than 30 ms; the recommended default gap duration is 70 ms.

WebRTC endpoints are not required to do anything with RFC 4733 tones sent
to them, except gracefully drop them. There is currently no API to inform
JavaScript about the received DTMF or other RFC 4733 tones."