Subject: [rtcweb] Last Call: <draft-ietf-rtcweb-alpn-03.txt> (Application Layer Protocol Negotiation for Web Real-Time Communications (WebRTC)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2016 07:27:02 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Real-Time Communication in
WEB-browsers WG (rtcweb) to consider the following document:
- 'Application Layer Protocol Negotiation for Web Real-Time
   Communications (WebRTC)'
  <draft-ietf-rtcweb-alpn-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-04-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Application Layer Protocol Negotiation (ALPN) labels are defined for
   use in identifying Web Real-Time Communications (WebRTC) usages of
   Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS).  Labels are provided for
   identifying a session that uses a combination of WebRTC compatible
   media and data, and for identifying a session requiring
   confidentiality protection from web applications.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-alpn/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-alpn/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.