Subject: [rtcweb] RFC 7742 on WebRTC Video Processing and Codec Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 13:59:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7742

        Title:      WebRTC Video Processing and Codec 
                    Requirements 
        Author:     A.B. Roach
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21184
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rtcweb-video-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7742

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7742

This specification provides the requirements and considerations for
WebRTC applications to send and receive video across a network.  It
specifies the video processing that is required as well as video
codecs and their parameters.

This document is a product of the Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC