Subject: [rtcweb] draft-ietf-rtcweb-transports

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 17:38:04 +0200

Hi,

draft-ietf-rtcweb-transports-06 says:

   If TCP connections are used, RTP framing according to [RFC4571] MUST
   be used, both for the RTP packets and for the DTLS packets used to
   carry data channels.

Not just RTP and DTLS, but also for STUN packets must be framed with
RFC4571. And I do not understand why "DTLS packets used to carry data
channels". In fact all the DTLS packets (also the ones for the
handshake) must be framed as per RFC 4571.

So I suggest to improve the above text as follows:

   If TCP connections are used, RTP framing according to [RFC4571] MUST
   be used for the STUN packets, SRTP packets, SRTCP packets and DTLS
   packets.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>

---

From: Justin Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 22:36:43 -0700

Yes, 4571 must be used for ICE connectivity checks, when using ICE-TCP.

However, TURN/TCP has its own framing for STUN messages.

I would simplify your sentence to:

   If ICE-TCP connections are used, framing according to [RFC4571] MUST
   be used for all packets, unless the content has its own framing
mechanism.

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 8:38 AM, Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
>

---

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 14:08:19 +0200

>    be used for all packets, unless the content has its own framing

Sure, I excluded TURN in my comment given that TURN has its own
framing mechanism.

Thanks a lot.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>