Subject: [rtcweb] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-protocol-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 03:03:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : WebRTC Data Channel Establishment Protocol
        Authors         : Randell Jesup
                          Salvatore Loreto
                          Michael Tuexen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-protocol-04.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-04-09

Abstract:
   The Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC) working group is charged to
   provide protocols to support for direct interactive rich
   communication using audio, video, and data between two peers' web-
   browsers.  This document specifies a simple protocol for establishing
   symmetric data channels between the peers.  It uses a two way
   handshake and allows sending of user data without waiting for the
   handshake to complete.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-protocol/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-protocol-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-protocol-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Barry Dingle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 22:17:37 +1000

Hi,

The first sentence of the Abstract in the WebRTC Data Channel Establishment
Protocol incorrectly refers to the "WebRTC working group. (The wording in
the second line also needs editing.)

I suggest copying the first sentence of the Abstract from WebRTC Data
Channels (-08 version) so it reads -

The Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers working group is charged
   to provide protocol support for direct interactive rich communication
   using audio, video, and data between two peers' web-browsers.

Cheers,
/Barry Dingle
Australia

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 8:03 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
>

---

From: Barry Dingle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 00:19:52 +1000

Data Channel Establishment Protocol *Editorials* -

Section 4 - 2nd paragraph -

Change

"The set of consistent properties includes "   to the following

"The set of consistent properties includes : "

Section 4 - 3rd para (after the 6 dot points), 2nd sentence reads as
follows -

"The side wanting to open a data channel selects an SCTP stream
identifier for which the
   corresponding incoming and outgoing SCTP stream is unused and sends a
   DATA_CHANNEL_OPEN message on this outgoing SCTP stream. "

This is confusing. I suggest it be simplified to -

"The side wanting to open a data channel selects an unused SCTP stream
identifier   and sends a
   DATA_CHANNEL_OPEN message on this outgoing SCTP stream. "

Cheers,
/Barry Dingle
Australia

---

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 16:28:21 +0200

On 09 Apr 2014, at 14:17, Barry Dingle <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> The first sentence of the Abstract in the WebRTC Data Channel Establishment Protocol incorrectly refers to the "WebRTC working group. (The wording in the second line also needs editing.)
> 
> I suggest copying the first sentence of the Abstract from WebRTC Data Channels (-08 version) so it reads - 
> 
OK. Will be in the next revision.

Best regards
Michael

---

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 16:32:26 +0200

On 09 Apr 2014, at 16:19, Barry Dingle <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Data Channel Establishment Protocol Editorials - 
> 
Done.
> 
> Section 4 - 3rd para (after the 6 dot points), 2nd sentence reads as follows -  
> "The side wanting to open a data channel selects an SCTP stream identifier for which the
> "The side wanting to open a data channel selects an unused
>  SCTP stream identifier   and sends a
But it is the pair of streams which are unused, not the stream identifier.
Is

The side wanting to open a data channel selects an SCTP stream identifier for which the
corresponding incoming and outgoing SCTP streams are unused and sends a
DATA_CHANNEL_OPEN message on the outgoing SCTP stream.

better?

Best regards
Michael