Subject: [rtcweb] Document mechanics for JSEP

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 08:16:47 -0700

Howdy,

In order to increase the velocity of our work, the chairs would like to
make some changes to how we approach the document editing for JSEP.  First,
we have asked Eric Rescorla to act as an editor of the document.  Cullen
and Justin will, of course, continue to be listed as authors, but the
day-to-day editorial work will be done by ekr.  Second, we would like to
work using github as the repository of the working copy, with pull requests
for specific text changes there.  The repository is at:

https://github.com/rtcweb-wg/jsep

Note that issues can be raised there, but that non-editorial issues must
then be submitted to the mailing list, and  substantive discussion of those
issues should remain on the mailing list.

This approach has worked well in the HTTP and TLS working groups, and we
hope it can help us deliver in a timely way.

Let us know if there are questions or concerns,

thanks,

Ted and Sean (Cullen recused)

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 09:19:13 -0700

On 28 April 2014 08:16, Ted Hardie <[email-masked]> wrote:
> The repository is at:

Good.

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 18:42:03 +0000

Hi,

I haven’t used the github approach for drafts before, but I am fine to give it a try :)

Regards,

Christer

From: rtcweb [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ted Hardie
Sent: 28 April 2014 18:17
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [rtcweb] Document mechanics for JSEP

Howdy,
In order to increase the velocity of our work, the chairs would like to make some changes to how we approach the document editing for JSEP.  First, we have asked Eric Rescorla to act as an editor of the document.  Cullen and Justin will, of course, continue to be listed as authors, but the day-to-day editorial work will be done by ekr.  Second, we would like to work using github as the repository of the working copy, with pull requests for specific text changes there.  The repository is at:

https://github.com/rtcweb-wg/jsep
Note that issues can be raised there, but that non-editorial issues must then be submitted to the mailing list, and  substantive discussion of those issues should remain on the mailing list.
This approach has worked well in the HTTP and TLS working groups, and we hope it can help us deliver in a timely way.
Let us know if there are questions or concerns,

thanks,