Subject: [rtcweb] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 07:22:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : WebRTC Security Architecture
        Author          : Eric Rescorla
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch-08.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2014-01-23

Abstract:
   The Real-Time Communications on the Web (RTCWEB) working group is
   tasked with standardizing protocols for enabling real-time
   communications within user-agents using web technologies (commonly
   called "WebRTC").  This document defines the security architecture
   for

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 16:23:45 +0100

Note that this version contains a proposed set of MTI/SHOULD cipher suites.
I think these match the WG sentiment as I heard it, but they have never
been subject to list consensus.

          [[OPEN ISSUE: Are these the right cipher suites?]]
          All implementations MUST implement the following two cipher suites:
          TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 and
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
          and the DTLS-SRTP protection profile SRTP_AES128_CM_HMAC_SHA1_80.
          Implementations SHOULD favor cipher suites which support PFS over
          non-PFS cipher suites.

Comments welcome.

-Ekr

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 4:22 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb