Subject: [rtcweb] Personal comments on Poll responses

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 09:11:28 -0800

A number of recent comments on straw poll responses have gone across the
line from asking questions about the responses to questioning the motives
of the respondents.  We understand that this may be frustrating, but we
need to maintain a technical focus and avoid personal comments or
attacks.    Please refrain from anything which might be considered a
comment on the person making the poll response.

thanks,

Ted, Cullen, and Magnus

---

From: Roman Shpount <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 13:40:23 -0500

I was staying quiet, but would you recommend that I should ask every
employee in my company and my every relative to re-post my straw poll
response so that my personal opinion will drawn every other input on the
list? From my highly subjective opinon this seems to be the trend in straw
responses lately.

_____________
Roman Shpount

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Ted Hardie <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
>
>

---

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 20:15:15 +0100

>list? From my highly subjective opinon this seems to be the trend in straw

The Chairs are very able to recognise, for instance, responses to the
straw poll from people who have not previously contributed to the WG's
work and take that into consideration when evaluating them. The poll
closes this weekend, I think it would be best if we let people respond
as they see fit undisturbed.
-- 
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[email-masked] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Am Badedeich 7 · Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
25899 Dagebüll · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.websitedev.de/

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 11:40:55 -0800

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 10:40 AM, Roman Shpount <[email-masked]> wrote:

> list?

I assume this was "drown", rather than drawn.  No, I would not recommend
this.

best regards,

Ted Hardie

> From my highly subjective opinon this seems to be the trend in straw
> responses lately.
>
> _____________
> Roman Shpount
>
>

---

From: Roman Shpount <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 14:58:02 -0500

You are correct, it is "drown" and I was not actually planning on doing
this.

_____________
Roman Shpount