Subject: [rtcweb] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 12:23:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTCWeb Data Channels
	Author(s)       : Randell Jesup
                          Salvatore Loreto
                          Michael Tuexen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel-05.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   The Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC) working group is charged to
   provide protocol support for direct interactive rich communication
   using audio, video, and data between two peers' web-browsers.  This
   document specifies the non-media data transport aspects of the WebRTC
   framework.  It provides an architectural overview of how the Stream
   Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) is used in the WebRTC context as
   a generic transport service allowing Web Browser to exchange generic
   data from peer to peer.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Peter Thatcher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 17:43:45 -0700

Hey Randell, can you give a short summary of the changes, if any, that I
would or other implementors would need to know about?

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 12:23 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
>

---

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 11:03:55 +0200

On Jul 16, 2013, at 2:43 AM, Peter Thatcher <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hey Randell, can you give a short summary of the changes, if any, that I would or other implementors would need to know about?
Hi Peter,

the changes don't require any code change. The changes are a consequence of
moving the RTCWeb specific things from
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-encaps-01
to
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel-05
There is no technical change involved.

Best regards
Michael