Subject: [rtcweb] About unified Plan and multiple m lines

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 16:08:17 +0200

Hi, let's suppose WebRTC 1.0 borns with "Unified Plan" built-in, and
my browser receives a session invitation from a conference server, and
there are 8 audio participants in the conference.

So the SDP I receive has 8 "m=audio" lines, maybe with different audio
codecs in each line. And following SDP O/A rules my browser will
generate SDP answer that will also contain 8 "m=audio" lines.

Now, where it is supposed my browser will send my single audio track
to the conference server? What does it mean that I receive 8 "m=audio"
lines while I'm just able to send a single audio track? which m=audio
line should I use for sending RTP?

Thanks a lot.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 07:29:01 -0700

> line should I use for sending RTP?

One of them will be a=sendrecv. The others will be a=sendonly.
The sendrecv line is the one you use to send media.

-Ekr

---

From: "Ejzak, Richard P (Richard)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 11:45:35 +0000

As just mentioned in mmusic, we are organizing a bar BOF for Thursday at 6:30 PM in the Marlene Bar to discuss SDP aspects in http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-marcon-msrp-over-webrtc-data-channels-00.txt.  In particular, the draft includes SDP procedures to negotiate the use of any sub-protocol (e.g., msrp, bfcp, t140) over DataChannels (for sub-protocols that normally use SDP negotiation for other transport options).  Some minimal additional sub-protocol specific procedures might also need to be specified.  The draft also includes msrp-specific procedures needed for the transport of msrp over DataChannels.

This proposal is intended to complement the current DataChannel procedures without requiring any browser support, which is why this work has not been raised directly in rtcweb.

Please join us at the Marlene bar or let me know if you are interested but unable to participate.

Thanks,
Richard