Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-uberti-rtcweb-plan-00.txt

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 19:31:55 +0200

2013/5/9 Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>:
> Whatever signaling is used to indicate bundling usage in SDP in RTCWEB
> should be consistent with what is used in clue. It would be unpleasant if we
> had to have a translator in the web server that must translate one SDP
> notation to another.

Hi,

Give a powerfiul real JavaScript Object based API (instead of an
opaque SDP blob) and let the web developer decide whether to construct
**via JavaScript** a CLUE compatible SDP or not (just if he needs
that), and we all will win.

In contrast, by mandating plain SDP (just because SIP uses it) we have
to have a translator in the web server that must translate plain-SDP
to XML-SDP (in Jingle XEP 0167 deployments), or build the best SDP
parser at JS level to parse the SDP blob created by the browser and
convert it into XML, and then convert it back into plain SDP.

Best regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>