Subject: [rtcweb] Request for input from WebRTC JS (web app) developers (please respond if you are *using* the API)

From: Peter Thatcher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 23:36:45 -0700

I don't know if this has been done already, but I think that the WG could
really use come good feedback from the JS developers out there actually
using the WebRTC API.  What are you making?  What's working well? What's
not working well?  Do you like SDP?  (Try to be constructive with that last
one).

So, I made a little spreadsheet where you can leave feedback:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuaKXw3SkHMSdHlZdV9RN0xSWFhybVl4anJLRkVPV0E#gid=0

If you are a JS developer using the WebRTC API, would you please fill in
some feedback?  If you can't give details about what you're working on, I
can understand that.  But please give us a sense of what is working well
and what isn't.  I think it would help the WG a lot.  But please do
remember  that the WG is focusing on getting 1.0 out the door and probably
wants to hear something more constructive than "I hate it; start over", so
try to be constructive, especially when talking about SDP.

Speaking of SDP, I read through 190+ recent emails about SDP (yeah... hot
topic!) and collected quotes from some of you and put them in the
spreadsheet.  If you don't like that, I apologize; please let me know, or
just remove yourself from the doc.  I wanted to do the same for the other
questions, but found it too hard.  So I hope you'll help me :).

(I didn't include anyone from Google, Mozilla, or Microsoft;  I wanted this
to be feedback for developers, not implementors, even if the implementors
are also developers;  And I didn't include myself :)

Thank you so much for your feedback!

PS: if anyone is interested, my quick tally of opinions of SDP indicate:

Like: 3
Strongly Dislike: 6
Would like something else, or at least discussion of something else: 5

I may have gotten some wrong, so please give feedback to help it be more
accurate.

Thanks again!

---

From: Alexandre GOUAILLARD <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 10:51:59 +0800

thanks for the effort.
I think it goes in the right direction.
I filled my part.

regards,

alex.

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Peter Thatcher <[email-masked]>wrote:

> (I didn't include anyone from Google, Mozilla, or Microsoft;  I wanted
> this to be feedback for developers, not implementors, even if the
> implementors are also developers;  And I didn't include myself :)
>
> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
>
>