Subject: [rtcweb] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 15:20:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Security Considerations for RTC-Web
	Author(s)       : Eric Rescorla
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-04.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2013-01-22

Abstract:
   The Real-Time Communications on the Web (RTC-Web) working group is
   tasked with standardizing protocols for real-time communications
   between Web browsers.  The major use cases for RTC-Web technology are
   real-time audio and/or video calls, Web conferencing, and direct data
   transfer.  Unlike most conventional real-time systems (e.g., SIP-
   based soft phones) RTC-Web communications are directly controlled by
   some Web server, which poses new security challenges.  For instance,
   a Web browser might expose a JavaScript API which allows a server to
   place a video call.  Unrestricted access to such an API would allow
   any site which a user visited to "bug" a user's computer, capturing
   any activity which passed in front of their camera.  This document
   defines the RTC-Web threat model and defines an architecture which
   provides security within that threat model.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-security

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/