Subject: [rtcweb] Experiments with Chrome and Firefox

From: Charles-Pierre Astolfi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 17:07:59 +0100

Hi,

Is there a simple webapp that shows webrtc communication between firefox
and chrome?

Something like https://apprtc.appspot.com/ (the demo from webrtc.org) but
that works across the 2 browsers.
I am not even sure it is possible, I couldn't find much doc/information
about it.

Many thanks,
-- 
Charles-Pierre Astolfi

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 14:06:47 -0800

On 4 December 2012 08:07, Charles-Pierre Astolfi
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Is there a simple webapp that shows webrtc communication between firefox and
> chrome?

Unless something has changed dramatically in the last few weeks, this
is not currently possible.

---

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 21:36:08 -0500

WOW .. this implies a great deal.  I think Brother Burger needs to
reevaluate his bet.  I'm thinking I should get in on some of this action.
So how many years until consensus, if ever? 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Martin Thomson
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 5:07 PM
To: Charles-Pierre Astolfi
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Experiments with Chrome and Firefox

On 4 December 2012 08:07, Charles-Pierre Astolfi
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Is there a simple webapp that shows webrtc communication between 
> firefox and chrome?

Unless something has changed dramatically in the last few weeks, this is not
currently possible.
_______________________________________________
rtcweb mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb

---

From: "Timothy B. Terriberry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 18:47:26 -0800

> So how many years until consensus, if ever?

We're actually making pretty good progress on Firefox-Chrome interop, 
and have had at least partially-working demos (of custom builds with a 
few patches applied) already.

See
<https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?status_whiteboard=[blocking-webrtc-interop];> 
for a list of bugs on the Firefox side. I think Chrome has a similar 
(maybe even smaller) number.

---

From: Basil Mohamed Gohar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 22:40:33 -0500

> (maybe even smaller) number.
That link didn't work for me, but this one appears to get the 
appropriate bugs and works for me:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr;query_format=advanced;status_whiteboard=blocking-webrtc-interop

-- 
Libre Video
http://librevideo.org