Subject: [rtcweb] Doodle poll for Face to Face Interim

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 16:11:11 +0100

WG,

We chairs have discussed with our W3C counter parts and are considering
a co-located 3 day long face to face interim meeting. We would share the
time approximately even and also switch back and forth between the group
to be able to deal with both sides of some issues.

We have two hard rules that makes the time window for when the meeting
is at all possible to be only three weeks at the end of January and
beginning of February. The meeting is planned to be run Tuesday to
Thursday for three full days.

Our main focus will be JSEP and SDP related.

So please provide input on what dates that works for you by next Friday
(23rd of Nov) by filling in the below Doodle:

http://www.doodle.com/wvzp6ue9awn7wpni

Any additional comments, suggestions or volunteering for hosting are
welcome.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 14:09:48 -0800

Chairs,

I thought when we planned the last interim we agreed that future
interims would happen in deterministic locations. Before we
figure out when it is, can the chairs please announce *where*
it will be.

I just finished re-ran my venue rotation software and it spits
out "East Coast" as the next location. Given that the last
IETF was in Atlanta and the next is in Orlando, I would suggest
either NYC, Washington DC, or Boston (though NYC is probably
out due to cost.)

In any case, can the chairs please specify *which* East Coast city
it will be in?

-Ekr

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 7:11 AM, Magnus Westerlund <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
>

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 09:24:41 +0100

Hi Eric,

Yes, I know we agreed to a set location. Obviously we chairs didn't plan
this early enough. We are once more in a squeeze between the W3C and the
IETF rules. To be able to announce a W3C meeting of the week starting
Monday 22 Jan W3C chairs needs to announce it no later than the 26th of
Nov. Thus we wanted to get the poll going.

The two hosting offers we currently have are for Orlando and Boston
area. If there are more hosting offers please come forward ASAP.

We will be do our best to settle the question of location prior to
closing the polls.

Cheers

Magnus

On 2012-11-16 23:09, Eric Rescorla wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 7:11 AM, Magnus Westerlund
> <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>>
> wrote:
> 
>     WG,
> 
>     <tel:%2B46%2010%207148287>
>     <tel:%2B46%2073%200949079>
>     <mailto:[email-masked]>
>     [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 10:40:25 +0100

WG,

Please assume that the face to face meeting will be in Boston. We have
not gotten all the confirmations to say 100% certain. So if you need to
please update the poll.

cheers

Magnus Westerlund