Subject: Re: [rtcweb] JSEP-02 Comments

From: "Parthasarathi R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 16:07:21 +0530

Christer,

I agree with you that cloning for serial SIP forking has to be discussed. 

Bernard,

I'm talking about consensus of not to support SIP parallel forking in
13-Jun-2012 RTCweb interim meeting. Cloning was the proposed mechanism for
SIP parallel forking.
I try to find Jun-13 RTCWeb interim meeting minutes in RTCWeb archives but I
have trouble in finding it. One of the relevant mail thread about SIP
parallel forking consensus is discussed at
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rtcweb/current/msg04603.html.

Thanks
Partha

-----Original Message-----
From: Christer Holmberg [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:44 AM
To: 'Bernard Aboba'; 'Parthasarathi R'
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [rtcweb] JSEP-02 Comments

Hi,

There has been discussions about using cloning for SERIAL forking, because
it would solve some issues.

Regards,

Christer 

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernard Aboba [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 30. lokakuuta 2012 20:47
To: 'Parthasarathi R'; Christer Holmberg
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [rtcweb] JSEP-02 Comments

Partha said: 

"Christer,

IIRC, cloning is removed as there is a consensus not to have parallel
forking in one of the earlier interim meeting.

Thanks
Partha"

[BA] Can you send a pointer to the consensus determination you are referring
to?  Also, I cannot find a consensus call on this subject sent to the RTCWEB
mailing list.   If in fact a consensus determination has been made (either
in IETF or W3C), can someone send a pointer to it?