Subject: [rtcweb] Agenda Change

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 06:12:34 -0800

In the draft agenda currently posted, there is a 10 minute slot on Thursday:

IPR at the IETF ( 10 min )
- this is a reminder of IETF rules and guidelines around IPR

Scott Bradner, who will be presenting this, is not able to attend
Thursday, so it
will shift to Wednesday.  As a little bit more context, our charter
currently has this
language:

    The working group will follow BCP
    79, and adhere to the spirit of BCP 79. The working group cannot
    explicitly rule out the possibility of adopting encumbered
    technologies; however, the working group will try to avoid encumbered
    technologies that require royalties or other encumbrances that would
    prevent such technologies from being easy to use in web browsers.

Scott will describe what the "Note Well" and 2026 rules for disclosure
mean in the context of this charter language.

We are still hoping for some compaction of the Video Codec discussion
on Thursday, so expect further agenda basing as the week goes on.

regards,

Ted Hardie