Subject: [rtcweb] Some commets on JSEP-2

From: Adam Bergkvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 14:41:51 +0100

Hi

I've listed a few things a came across when reading the latest draft.

 > 4.4.1.1. ICE Candidate Format

 > The m line can be identified in one of two ways; either by a m-line 
index, or a MID.

Could removing/reordering m-lines cause problems with m-line index here? 
Perhaps not if it's done before setting the description.

 > 4.6. Session Rehydration

This section should say something about how permissions to media streams 
are regained after a page reload. Perhaps the things we talked about in 
Lyon regarding fake streams or sync return value from getUserMedia() 
helps, but there's still the issue with new stream ids.

 > A description used as a "pranswer" may be applied as a response to an 
"offer", or an update to a previously sent "answer".

Should the last "answer" be "pranswer" here?

 > A.1.1. Call using ROAP
 > A.1.2. Call using XMPP
 > A.1.5. Call using SIP

Variable "pc" changes name to "peer" halfway through some of the examples.

The XMPP example still calls startIce() (which doesn't exist anymore).

 > pc.setLocalDescription("offer", offer);

 > pc.createAnswer(offer, null);

The examples uses (apart from sync createOffer/Answer) some old method 
signatures. For example, the type argument to 
setLocal/RemoteDescription() and the offer argument to createAnswer().

/Adam