Subject: [rtcweb] Video use case in draft-ietf-rtcweb-use-cases-and-requirements lacks audio

From: Gunnar Hellström <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:43:35 +0100

The requirements and use cases document 
draft-ietf-rtcweb-use-cases-and-requirements-09
starts with a use case 4.2.1 "Simple Video Communication Service".

It is not at all obvious from the text that this service provides audio 
as well as video. Audio is only mentioned in a couple of paranthesis in 
section 4.2.1. I suggest to clearly state in section 4.2.1.1 that audio 
is included.

Proposed changed 4.2.1.1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        4.2.1. Simple Video Communication Service

          4.2.1.1. Description

    Two or more users have loaded a video communication web application
    into their browsers, provided by the same service provider, and
    logged into the service it provides.  The web service publishes
    information about user login status by pushing updates to the web
    application in the browsers.  When one online user selects a peer
    online user, a 1-1 communication session  with video and audio
    between the browsers of the two peers is initiated.  The invited
    user might accept or reject the session.

    During session establishment a self-view is displayed, and once the
    session has been established the video sent from the remote peer is
    displayed in addition to the self-view.  During the session, each
    user can select to remove and re-insert the self-view as often as
    desired.  Each user can also change the sizes of his/her two video
    displays during the session.  Audio is also exchanged between the
    parties.  Each user can also pause sending of media (audio, video,
    or both) and mute incoming media.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Similarly, 4.3.1 Telephony terminal description would need mentioning 
that the call provides video and audio communication.
I can only deduct that from requirement F1 that says that the camera is 
used, and F5 saying that good audio and video rendering is required. 
Nothing in 4.3.1 says what media is provided.  (Was video intended in 
this use case?)
Please add.

(I will return separately to the proposals from yesterday to add the 
text medium.)

Regards
Gunnar

---

From: Stefan Hakansson LK <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:48:10 +0100

Gunnar,

thanks. I will update the document.

Stefan

On 11/13/2012 08:43 AM, Gunnar Hellström wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
>