Subject: [rtcweb] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 09:27:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTCWEB Security Architecture
	Author(s)       : Eric Rescorla
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch-04.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   The Real-Time Communications on the Web (RTCWEB) working group is
   tasked with standardizing protocols for enabling real-time
   communications within user-agents using web technologies (e.g
   JavaScript).  The major use cases for RTCWEB technology are real-time
   audio and/or video calls, Web conferencing, and direct data transfer.
   Unlike most conventional real-time systems (e.g., SIP-based soft
   phones) RTCWEB communications are directly controlled by some Web
   server, which poses new security challenges.  For instance, a Web
   browser might expose a JavaScript API which allows a server to place
   a video call.  Unrestricted access to such an API would allow any
   site which a user visited to "bug" a user's computer, capturing any
   activity which passed in front of their camera.  [I-D.ietf-rtcweb-
   security] defines the RTCWEB threat model.  This document defines an
   architecture which provides security within that threat model.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 09:34:33 -0700

Please ignore this version. I had a version control hiccup. Will post the
correct version in a few minutes after I unscrew things.

-Ekr

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 9:27 AM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb