Subject: [rtcweb] Mobile tests in draft-dbenham-webrtc-videomti

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 09:41:45 -0700

Looking at the videos from Section 4, using the same software on both sides might help tease out implementation effects.  My understanding is that Bria (at least on the iPad) supports both H.264 and VP8, and it would appear that Linphone also supports both.  Would it be possible to compare a Bria/Linphone conversation with H.264 to one using VP8?

>From Section 4:

Captures of Mobile Tests;

   FaceTime using H.264 on an iPhone to linphone on a fast desktop PC.
   http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17089001/video-samples/facetime.mov

   Bria using VP8 on iPhone to linphone on a fast desktop PC. http://
   dl.dropbox.com/u/17089001/video-samples/iphone-vp8-vs-iphone-264.mov

   Bria using VP8 on Galaxy Nexus to linphone on a fast desktop PC.
   http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17089001/video-samples/galaxy-nexus.mov

   Shown side-by-side, Bria using VP8 on iPhone (left) and FaceTime with
   H.264/AVC on iPhone (right), going to linphone and FaceTime. http://
   dl.dropbox.com/u/17089001/video-samples/iphone-vp8-vs-iphone-264.mov

   Captures of Desktop-only Tests;

   FaceTime H.264/AVC from a fast notebook computer to fast desktop. htt
   p://dl.dropbox.com/u/17089001/video-samples/facetime-264-desktop.mov

   -or- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17089001/video-samples/
   facetime-264-desktop.webm

   Chrome with VP8 from same fast notebook computer to same fast
   desktop.
   http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17089001/video-samples/chrome-vp8-desktop.mov

   -or- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17089001/video-samples/
   chrome-vp8-desktop.webm

   Two fast notebook computers - one running Chrome and the other
   running Fictive - both sending to the same desktop computer shown
   side by side. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17089001/video-samples/
   chrome_and_factime_desktop.mov>

   -or- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17089001/video-samples/
   chrome_and_factime_desktop.webm