Subject: [rtcweb] video-codec mailing list and charter

From: "Timothy B. Terriberry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 09:11:14 -0700

Following the success of Opus, we are hoping to organize a BoF to 
consider forming a working group to standardize a video codec. While 
this will obviously not be finished in time to be MTI for initial 
deployments of WebRTC (or something is drastically wrong), many here may 
have some interest in the idea.

Mailing list: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/video-codec

Initial charter proposal: 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/video-codec/current/msg00002.html

Please give comments and feedback!

---

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 15:16:09 -0400

+1  Outstanding idea.  Do it! 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Timothy B. Terriberry
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2012 12:11 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [rtcweb] video-codec mailing list and charter

Following the success of Opus, we are hoping to organize a BoF to consider
forming a working group to standardize a video codec. While this will
obviously not be finished in time to be MTI for initial deployments of
WebRTC (or something is drastically wrong), many here may have some interest
in the idea.

Please give comments and feedback!
_______________________________________________
rtcweb mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb

---

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 10:43:03 +1000

> +1  Outstanding idea.  Do it!

+1 of course!

---

From: Basil Mohamed Gohar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 15:09:31 -0400

On 09/21/2012 12:11 PM, Timothy B. Terriberry wrote:
> deployments of WebRTC (or something is drastically wrong), many here 
> may have some interest in the idea.
>
While I did not have time to go through the entire charter proposal, in 
principle from what I read and what I see described here, this is, to 
me, the next priority that needs to be address, so a strong +1 from me.

-- 
Libre Video
http://librevideo.org

---

From: Erik Lagerway <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 12:23:20 -0700

+1 - Thx Timothy.

*Erik Lagerway <http://ca.linkedin.com/in/lagerway> |
*Hookflash<http://hookflash.com>
* | m 1.604.562.8647*
****

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 9:11 AM, Timothy B. Terriberry <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> WebRTC (or something is drastically wrong), many here may have some
> interest in the idea.
>
> Mailing list: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/**listinfo/video-codec<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/video-codec>
>
> Initial charter proposal: http://www.ietf.org/mail-**
> archive/web/video-codec/**current/msg00002.html<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/video-codec/current/msg00002.html>
>
> ______________________________**_________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/**listinfo/rtcweb<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb>
>