Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Filling in details on "trickle ICE"

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 15:32:07 +0200

WG,

Based on this discussion the chairs conclusion is that there is required
to have a definition of how trickle ICE is to work so that interoperable
implementations can be made.

This WG is clearly not chartered to develop such a specification. Thus a
possible way forward is to do the work in the MMUSIC WG and develop an
ICE mode for trickle. Such work would require someone to take the role
of being proponent and drive the work in MMUSIC.

Thus we chair wonder if there exist people willing to take on this effort?

We chairs will meantime discuss with our ADs and the MMUSIC WG chairs
how they see on starting work in MMUSIC for this.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund
(As chair)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 09:05:07 -0700

+1

I can't currently commit to writing specifications, but I'm certainly
willing to provide reviews.

On 12 September 2012 06:32, Magnus Westerlund
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb

---

From: Justin Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 12:00:01 -0700

I have a few other things on my plate right now, but I'd be interested in
working on this.

---

From: Emil Ivov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 21:11:58 +0200

I'd be willing to work on this (writing and/or reviewing).

Emil

-- 
Emil Ivov, Ph.D.                       67000 Strasbourg,
Project Lead                           France
Jitsi
[email-masked]                        PHONE: +33.1.77.62.43.30
https://jitsi.org                      FAX:   +33.1.77.62.47.31

---

From: Justin Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 17:06:56 -0700

Eric Rescorla and I discussed some of the tricky trickle issues and wrote
them down in this doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L5SP9YQxXRf-2KObnDI5rgRCRnOv9EbhXsHsVisWp1Q/edit#.
I think that would be a good starting point for an I-D on this.

---

From: "Cullen Jennings (fluffy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 23:06:44 +0000

Just read that and I like it. 

On Sep 20, 2012, at 6:06 PM, Justin Uberti <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Eric Rescorla and I discussed some of the tricky trickle issues and wrote them down in this doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L5SP9YQxXRf-2KObnDI5rgRCRnOv9EbhXsHsVisWp1Q/edit#. I think that would be a good starting point for an I-D on this.
> 
>