Subject: Re: [rtcweb] rtcweb Digest, Vol 17, Issue 21

From: kiran kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 09:19:59 +0530

Hi Castillo,

PeerConnection.AdStream() is for appending the media streams.
Then from where the user permission is requested?

IMO this scenario should be implemented in two steps, where
1) The browser has to check for the required resources.
2) If the resources are prasent, then it has to invoke a request to the
user for permission.

Also if the the user has opted for that upgradation (prior to recieving the
offer, through some UI of check box) that information will be stored in the
App or backing store. In this scenario message box for requesting
permission is not required.

In order to implement this, addStream() should call a callBack() to the
application on finding the resources availability. If the same function is
able to return the "allowedPermission" state for adding the extra streams,
then it can add those streams, otherwise application can send the
corresponding error response regarding the resource unavailability or user
permission denied.

Thanks,
Kiran.

>>> I hope that raw parsing of the received SDP is not needed for achieving
this :)
>>
>> I'm surprised that you think that.
>>
>> I believe that the subject is one of the open issues, though I believe
>> that the current discussion was heading toward the conclusion that
>> calling set<X>Description() on a PeerConnection was the blessed method
>> for determining what streams are present in an offer or answer.
>>
>> Therefore, the process is something like...
>>
>> # Take existing session, look at the attached streams (and their tracks).
>> # Take new offer, create new PeerConnection, attach the same local
>> streams, call pc.setRemoteDescription(OFFER, sdpOffer), examine the
>> resulting attached streams (and their tracks).
>> # Discard the new PeerConnection.
>>
>> Of course, this is highly likely to fail because the resources
>> necessary to create and configure the second PeerConnection are likely
>> taken by the first.  So your best bet is to scrounge through the SDP.
>> But SDP is awesome, so it's OK.
>
> I strongly hope WebRTC API will provide something much better for a
> simple and usual task like adding video to an audio session with
> previous user consent.

Yes. PeerConnection.AddStream()

_______________________________________________
rtcweb mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb