Subject: [rtcweb] Proposed new milestones for RTCWEB

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 12:08:51 -0700

As folks know, we are behind on our milestones.  The following
milestones represent a proposal from me and Magnus, based on some text
from Cullen.  Please review in light of our deliverable list:

    1.  Define the communication model in detail, including how session
        management is to occur within the model.

    2.  Define a security model that describes the security and privacy
        goals and specifies the security protocol mechanisms necessary
        to achieve those goals.

    3.  Define the solution - protocols and API requirements - for
        firewall and NAT traversal.

    4.  Define which media functions and extensions shall be supported in
        the client and their usage for real-time media, including media
        adaptation to ensure congestion safe usage.

    5.  Define what functionalities in the solution, such as media codecs,
        security algorithms, etc., can be extended and how the
        extensibility mechanisms works.

    6.  Define a set of media formats that must or should be supported by
        a client to improve interoperability.

    7.  Define how non media data is transported between clients in a
        secure and congestion safe way.

    8.  Provide W3C input for the APIs that comes from the communication
        model and the selected components and protocols that are part of
        the solution.

    9.  The group will consider options for interworking with legacy VoIP
        equipment.

Timeline:

Sep 2012 - Send Use Cases document to IESG for publication as Informational
Sep 2012 - Complete Overview (and hold for dependency resolution)
Sep 2012 - Send Security and Privacy Problem Statement to IESG for
publication as Informational

Jan 2013 - Send Signalling Negotiation and NAT Traversal to IESG for
publication as Proposed Standard
Jan 2013 - Send Security Solution to IESG for publication as Proposed Standard
Jan 2013 - Send Media Transport, Media Processing, and Codecs to
IESG for publication as Proposed Standard

May 2013 - Send Data Stream Transport for non-media data to IESG for
publication as Proposed Standard

Comments, please!

Ted

---

From: Stefan Hakansson LK <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 13:59:39 +0200

This looks reasonable to me. The possible exception would be: I think 
the data parts could be earlier (given that the media stuff can be 
delivered as proposed - 4 months extra for the data seems a bit much).

Stefan

On 07/18/2012 09:08 PM, Ted Hardie wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
>

---

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 16:19:58 +0300

I agree with Stefan,
I would suggest March 2013 or even earlier as timeline for the Data