Subject: [rtcweb] what kind of additional key management for SRTP?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 17:23:00 +0800

Hi, 
 I wonder what is the motivation for the topic 
 "Additional Key-management for SRTP" in Vancouver?
 Any one is kind to tell me？
Regards~~~

-Sujing Zhou

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 11:35:48 +0200

> Any one is kind to tell me？

The WG has agreed to require support of DTLS-SRTP. However in the
discussion in Paris regarding the key-managment for RTP did not conclude
regarding if additional mechanisms should also be supported in WebRTC.
The two proposals on the table are regarding:

- Support of security descriptions, i.e. plain text keys in the
signalling messages

- Support for Encrypted Key Transport (draft-ietf-avt-srtp-ekt-03)
(expected update by Monday as the filename draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-ekt-00)

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------