Subject: [rtcweb] Considerations for Interim Meetings

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 14:52:56 +0200

WG,

We chair would like to discuss some policies we WG chairs intended to
use for interim meetings going forward.

1) For physical meetings the WG chairs select the location in a
round-robin fashion among regions where we have significant amount of
active contributors. This is to spread the inconvenience and cost of
long distance travel.

2) We will in the future pick the location prior to any poll for
suitable dates so that participants can weigh the location fully into
there response to any such poll.

3) For Virtual Interims the time of the day when the meeting is held
will be alternated among possible times if necessary to enable
reasonable participation times for regions with significant amount of
active contributors. This is also to spread the pain of inconvenient
time periods of the day.

Please comment on these policies. Additional policies that you want us
WG chairs to use?

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund
(WG chair)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 20:00:04 +0200

> active contributors. This is to spread the inconvenience and cost of
When considering where to put the next instalment of the round-robin, 
will the location of IETF meetings be considered too?
I note that the 3 next IETF meetings are all in North America 
(Vancouver, Atlanta and Orlando). It would be very strange if a meeting 
between Atlanta and Orlando were held in the eastern US.
> Please comment on these policies. Additional policies that you want us
For logistics, long lead times are a Good Thing; the formal W3C 
announcement lead time is 8 weeks. This means that it will be good to 
announce the intent of holding an interim *before* the prior IETF meeting.

For interims in response to breaking issues, we should use 
teleconferences, IMHO.

> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
>