Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Data channel comments and questions

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 21:33:30 +0300

On 3/30/12 11:43 PM, Randell Jesup wrote:
>>> >>  2. Multihoming and interface switching: I don't suggest going for the
>>> >>  multipath support on the SCTP level. I think it would be best to deal
>>> >>  with this through ICE in the same way as for RTP, i.e. adding and
>>> >>  removing candidates as interfaces become available or go. Or let the
>>> >>  application handle it by creating a new data channel and continue from
>>> >>  the breakpoint. The most important requirement is that the application
>>> >>  gets notified about these changes downstrairs so it can act.
>> >  that is exact the proposal in the data-channel draft.
>> >  Anyway you can not use multihoming because of the fact that SCTP runs on
>> >  top of DTLS
> Correct, though there was some in-room discussion of running it over
> multiple DTLS connections to support smooth handoff across interfaces
> (think mobile and 4g<->WiFi switchover).
definitely, that is also something else worth to investigate more deeply

-- 
Salvatore Loreto, PhD
www.sloreto.com