Subject: [rtcweb] Confirmation of F2F Interim meeting

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 11:21:15 +0200

RTCWEB WG,

The dates for the upcoming interim is off the hold. I can confirm AD
approval, and that we will hold an Face to Face interim meeting on the
12th and 13th of June in Stockholm. The W3C WebRTC WG will hold a
meeting in Stockholm on the 11th of June. Assume meeting 9.00-18.00 for
each of those days.

As a Host I can't confirm the location within Stockholm yet. We are
aiming on either a location in Kista or in the central part of town.
There are some hotels out in Kista, but even if we end up in Kista
staying in central Stockholm allows for a short (17 min) subway ride
from T-centralen plus a no more than 10 min walk to the Kista venue.
Making it a very viable option to book a hotel room in the area around
T-centralen or on Kungsholmen with easy access to the blue-line subway.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund
-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Kevin P. Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 09:20:33 -0500

> meeting in Stockholm on the 11th of June. Assume meeting 9.00-18.00 for

Is the W3C meeting 'open attendance' like the IETF meeting will be, or 
does it require membership or sponsorship?

-- 
Kevin P. Fleming
Digium, Inc. | Director of Software Technologies
Jabber: [email-masked] | SIP: [email-masked] | Skype: kpfleming
445 Jan Davis Drive NW - Huntsville, AL 35806 - USA
Check us out at www.digium.com & www.asterisk.org

---

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 17:00:35 +0200

> does it require membership or sponsorship?
The WG chairs can welcome people into the meeting as "observers with 
speaking privilleges".
All we want as formality is that you send us a note beforehand asking to 
be an observer.
We will accept the request.

              Harald

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 17:52:03 -0500

I looked on Google maps and it indicates an 18 minute drive to Kista, but
it looks like a 45 min trip as opposed to 30.  Of course, I just did the
calculation from Central Kista to Central Stockholm, so that doesn't
account for the walking to/from meeting location (which perhaps is closer
than the route I measured) nor to/from hotels in the City center.

Also, just to confirm, Ericsson is also still willing to host the CLUE
meeting?

Thanks,
Mary.

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:21 AM, Magnus Westerlund <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
>

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 08:56:43 +0200

On 2012-04-20 00:52, Mary Barnes wrote:
> I looked on Google maps and it indicates an 18 minute drive to Kista,
> but it looks like a 45 min trip as opposed to 30.  Of course, I just did
> the calculation from Central Kista to Central Stockholm, so that doesn't
> account for the walking to/from meeting location (which perhaps is
> closer than the route I measured) nor to/from hotels in the City center. 

Well, why would you be driving? The subway system takes approx 17
minutes between T-centralen and Kista station. If you would driving to
and from central Stockholm in rush hour, which is what you will face
arriving between 8-9 in the morning and going back around 18, it can
definitely takes 30-40 minutes. Plus you have to pay congestion charges
when entering or leaving downtown. Plus the expense of parking.

As we haven't managed to get a solid booking on a meeting room yet I
can't say exactly where the meeting will be held. I still think staying
in the city center will be a good option for most as it gives easy
access to a very large selection of restaurants.

My recommendation is to not rent a car. Use the subway system or other
trains to get around. A 72 hour (3 day) ticket for the subway, local
trains and buses are 230 sek for unlimited travel. Anyone attending both
the CLUE and WebRTC meetings a 7-day unlimited travel ticket might be a
good buy, it cost 300 sek. Of course single tickets or strips for a
limited number of trips are available (For more information on Stockholm
local travel (http://sl.se/). The unlimited tickets even work on some
boat lines.

To get to and from the airport if you would staying in Kista you take a
Taxi approx 400 sek. If one goes downtown and have a hotel in the
vicinity of the central station then taking Arlanda Express
(http://www.arlandaexpress.com) is a good option. 260 sek for single or
490 for a return ticket. This is an express train that takes 20 min from
Arlanda to Centralen. Taxi Arlanda to central Stockholm is available for
a fixed price from most Taxi companies which is around 520 sek.

Important about Taxi in Stockholm. This is a de-regulated market. The
driver or their companies can basically set the fares in the meters
freely. The only requirement is that they have a yellow sticker visible
that gives you a comparison price for a trip. They also need to display
the drivers Taxi license. I strongly recommend that you use one of the
three big companies:

- Taxi 020 		http://www.taxi020.se/
- Taxi Stockholm  	http://www.taxistockholm.se/
- Taxi Kurir 		http://www.taxikurir.se/stockholm

The highest comparison price for a regular sized car shouldn't be more
than around 310 Sek. If it is more than 400 you are definitely getting
ripped off.

Taxi is quite expensive in Sweden. A plus side is that all the big
companies do take credit cards.

> Also, just to confirm, Ericsson is also still willing to host the CLUE

Yes, we are.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 08:37:48 +0000

> access to a very large selection of restaurants.

+1

Take it from someone who travelled to Kista many times on project work: you do want to stay downtown (on the blue line).

Lars

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 09:42:04 -0500

I had not intention to drive, I used the train symbol option on Google
maps.  That's why my question as to perhaps Google maps calculations are
off for that route.   That calculation included walking time from what
Google maps has as city centers to the train stations, but that's probably
a reasonable buffer given the figures you note, which don't include the
wait times for trains.

Thanks,
Mary.

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:19:25 +0200

On 2012-04-20 16:42, Mary Barnes wrote:
> Google maps has as city centers to the train stations, but that's
> probably a reasonable buffer given the figures you note, which don't
> include the wait times for trains. 

Yes, I would expect that door to door it does take approximately 30
minutes. Yes, if you during rush hour just go down to the station you
will have to wait some few minutes on the next train. The train interval
is either 7,8 or 10 minutes around the times when the meeting is planned
to start and stop.

Staying downtown (if we have the meeting in Kista) makes it easier in
the evenings returning from dinner. Staying in Kista saves you some time
in the morning. But you most likely are having dinner downtown anyway so
you get the same amount of subway riding to do. I do want to point out
that the subway is safe and runs until 1.00 AM weekdays. If we will have
the meeting downtown staying in Kista is just adding travel with no
benefit.

cheers

Magnus Westerlund