Subject: [rtcweb] Modular Congestion Control in rtcweb

From: Luca De Cicco <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 20:53:05 +0100

Dear all,

is there any plan to make the congestion control algorithm
modular for multimedia transmission via PeerConnections?

A particular congestion control module could be selected
by the connecting peers at the establishment of the
PeerConnection similarly to DCCP.

Best regards,
--
Luca De Cicco, PhD, Eng.
Politecnico di Bari
Dipartimento di Elettrotecnica ed Elettronica
Via Re David, 200 - Bari - ITALY
Office: +39 080 596 3851

---

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 08:00:09 +0100

> PeerConnection similarly to DCCP.
So far, the discussions (which have mainly been done on the 
[email-masked] list) have focused on making a mechanism 
for reporting bandwidth estimates available, and on discussing one 
particular new congestion control mechanism based on delay estimation.

It's implicit that we'd like to try out more than one estimation 
mechanism. But it's not clear to me that this translates to "modular 
algorithms".

Please join the discussion!

                 Harald