Subject: [rtcweb] Quote from Rethink on H.264 patent fight

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 12:19:24 +0200

Note that even when you think you know the landscape of the IPR on
something, you can still get nasty surprises.

A quote from todays Rethink that brings this out:

"However, several key cases are now reaching final judgements, and
injunctions are more likely to be granted in that event. Motorola - soon to
be owned by Google - has asked for a ban on Microsoft's Xbox 360, Windows
and Internet Explorer products, which it claims infringe on its
H.264-related patents, if Motorola wins a case to be heard in Mannheim,
Germany on April 17. According to IPR expert Florian Mueller of FOSS
Patents, the judge is expected to favour Motorola."

---

From: Jim Gettys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 09:56:43 -0400

On 03/30/2012 06:19 AM, Dean Willis wrote:
> injunctions are more likely to be granted in that event. Motorola -
> soon to be owned by Google - has asked for a ban on Microsoft's Xbox
> 360, Windows and Internet Explorer products, which it claims infringe
> on its H.264-related patents, if Motorola wins a case to be heard in
> Mannheim, Germany on April 17. According to IPR expert Florian Mueller
> of FOSS Patents, the judge is expected to favour Motorola."
>
>
Anyone reporter who thinks Florian Mueller is an IPR expert is clueless,
demented, or grinding an axe.
                                - Jim

---

From: Basil Mohamed Gohar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 11:07:41 -0400

> demented, or grinding an axe.
+1

-- 
Libre Video
http://librevideo.org