Subject: [rtcweb] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:01:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTCWEB Security Architecture
	Author(s)       : Eric Rescorla
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   The Real-Time Communications on the Web (RTCWEB) working group is
   tasked with standardizing protocols for real-time communications
   between Web browsers.  The major use cases for RTCWEB technology are
   real-time audio and/or video calls, Web conferencing, and direct data
   transfer.  Unlike most conventional real-time systems (e.g., SIP-
   based soft phones) RTCWEB communications are directly controlled by
   some Web server, which poses new security challenges.  For instance,
   a Web browser might expose a JavaScript API which allows a server to
   place a video call.  Unrestricted access to such an API would allow
   any site which a user visited to "bug" a user's computer, capturing
   any activity which passed in front of their camera.  [I-D.ietf-
   rtcweb-security] defines the RTCWEB threat model.  This document
   defines an architecture which provides security within that threat
   model.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch-01.txt