Subject: [rtcweb] RTP congestion meeting hosted by ICCRG in Paris

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 17:39:13 +0100

This should be of interest to several of the participants.
Note that the time slot for ICCRG conflicts with AVTEXT (first half) and 
SIPCORE (second half); we chose the SIPCORE conflict as the lesser evil.

Please keep discussion of the technology on the rtp-congestion list, if 
you have to pick one.

                           Harald

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Iccrg] Preliminary agenda for ICCRG meeting @ IETF 83
Date: 	Wed, 07 Mar 2012 16:10:23 +0100
From: 	Michael Welzl <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]

Ladies and gentlemen,

Let me present to you the preliminary agenda for the ICCRG meeting at
the upcoming Paris IETF, which is scheduled on Tuesday afternoon, in the
15:20-17:00 and 17:10-18:10 time slots. The second time slot is
dedicated to congestion control for RTP-carried real-time media; this is
an effort that comes out of rtcweb, with its own mailing list, see:
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/rtp-congestion
The group is considering formation of a new WG, and that's why there is
an item called "a possible WG charter" in the agenda - however, note
that this meeting is not meant as a surrogate for a BoF (which is
clearly not what a RG could or should "host"), so this will be just
informational, not a time slot for wordsmithing. Content-wise,
congestion control for RTP seems to be clearly in scope of ICCRG, and so
I expect this to be an interesting session for all of us.

Time slot 1, 15:20-17:00

* Agenda bashing and update - Michael Welzl (5 min)

* Congestion Control and Notification over Longer Time Scales and at
Higher Layers - Dave McDysan (20 min)
   draft-mcdysan-iccrg-usecases-00

* On the Fairness of Transport Protocols in a Multi-Path Environment -
Hakim Adhari (15 min)
   (based on an upcoming ICC 2012 paper)

* Caching with TCP - Pasi Sarolahti (15 min)

* End-to-End Transmission Control through Inference about the Network -
Keith Winstein (30 min)
   (based on:
http://conferences.sigcomm.org/hotnets/2011/papers/hotnetsX-final100.pdf)

Time slot 2, 17:10-18:10

Topic chair: Harald Alvestrand

     * Introduction: The RTCWEB effort, and the traffic we expect to
generate - Harald (10 min)
           o Doc: draft-ietf-rtcweb-overview-02
           o Doc: draft-jesup-rtp-congestion-reqs-00
     * Nice behaviour for RTP-based services - Varun Singh, Colin
Perkins (10 min)
           o Doc: draft-perkins-avtcore-rtp-circuit-breakers-00
     * A delay based congestion control candidate - Stefan Holmer (15 min)
           o Doc: draft-alvestrand-rtcweb-congetstion-01
     * Feedback mechanisms that might be useful - Harald Alvestrand (5 min)
           o Doc: draft-alvestrand-rmcat-remb-00
     * A possible WG charter: RMCAT (15 min)
           o Doc: http://www.ietf.org/iesg/evaluation/rmcat-charter.txt
     * Summary, conclusions, next steps (5 min)

The times in slot 1 are based on what the presenters requested, but I'd
think that not everyone has planned for the normal (long) duration of
discussions at IETF meetings, and so it's nice to have some headroom.
This being said, I think we can still squeeze a presentation in there if
need be.

Cheers,
Michael

_______________________________________________
Iccrg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://oakham.cs.ucl.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/iccrg