Subject: [rtcweb] Fwd: [MMUSIC] Request for MMUSIC review: draft-alvestrand-rtcweb-msid-01

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 15:37:08 +0100

FYI - I just sent the following message to MMUSIC. I have also asked for 
agenda time in MMUSIC in Paris.
Please follow up in that list.

                Harald

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[MMUSIC] Request for MMUSIC review: 
draft-alvestrand-rtcweb-msid-01
Date: 	Mon, 05 Mar 2012 15:29:15 +0100
From: 	Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
To: 	mmusic <[email-masked]>

Hello,

this is a request for a cross-group review and evaluation for wider
application:

In the WebRTC effort, the W3C group has identified a preferred
programming model that involves bundling one or more video or audio
tracks together in something called a "MediaStream".

The RTCWEB WG has decided that it is not appropriate to use a CNAME to
group these together, since one identity or synchronization context
(which CNAME is the primary identifier for) may be the source of
multiple MediaStreams.

This means that media flows inside an RTP session have to be associated
with MediaStreams some other way.

One suggestion for this function is described here:

draft-alvestrand-rtcweb-msid-01

which also contains some background and notes about other approaches we
did not pick.

A presentation of the function is available from the minutes of the
RTCWEB interim meeting here:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim/2012/01/31/rtcweb/proceedings.html

the URL of the presentation is:

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim/2012/01/31/rtcweb/slides/rtcweb-5.pdf

I hope this information is suitable for the MMUSIC group to give
guidance on further processing, including whether this draft needs to be
an MMUSIC draft or an RTCWEB draft.

                             Harald

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic