Subject: [rtcweb] FYI WebSocket Protocol - RFC 6455

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 09:22:11 +0200

FYI

WebSocket Protocol is now RFC 6455

/Sal

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[hybi] RFC 6455 on The WebSocket Protocol
Date: 	Sun, 11 Dec 2011 23:18:10 +0100
From: 	[email-masked] <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked] <[email-masked]>, 
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>
CC: 	[email-masked] <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] 
<[email-masked]>

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 6455

         Title:      The WebSocket Protocol
         Author:     I. Fette, A. Melnikov
         Status:     Standards Track
         Stream:     IETF
         Date:       December 2011
         Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                     [email-masked]
         Pages:      71
         Characters: 162067
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-17.txt

         URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6455.txt

The WebSocket Protocol enables two-way communication between a client
running untrusted code in a controlled environment to a remote host
that has opted-in to communications from that code.  The security
model used for this is the origin-based security model commonly used
by web browsers.  The protocol consists of an opening handshake
followed by basic message framing, layered over TCP.  The goal of
this technology is to provide a mechanism for browser-based
applications that need two-way communication with servers that does
not rely on opening multiple HTTP connections (e.g., using
XMLHttpRequest or<iframe>s and long polling).  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the BiDirectional or Server-Initiated HTTP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
   http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
   http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
hybi mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hybi