Subject: [rtcweb] New Version Notification for draft-ibc-sipcore-sip-websocket-00 (previously draft-ibc-rtcweb-sip-websocket-00)

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 14:11:39 +0100

Hi all,

draft-ibc-rtcweb-sip-websocket has been moved to SIPCORE WG because it
defines a new transport for SIP. The new revision (now called
draft-ibc-sipcore-sip-websocket-00) contains important changes and
improvements.

A new version of I-D, draft-ibc-sipcore-sip-websocket-00.txt has been
successfully submitted by Iñaki Baz Castillo and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:        draft-ibc-sipcore-sip-websocket
Revision:        00
Title:           The WebSocket Protocol as a Transport for the Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP)
Creation date:   2011-11-24
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 27

Abstract:
 This document specifies a WebSocket Sub-Protocol for a new transport
 in SIP (Session Initiation Protocol).  The WebSocket protocol enables
 two-way realtime communication between clients and servers.

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ibc-sipcore-sip-websocket-00.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ibc-sipcore-sip-websocket-00

This draft is a new revision of the previously named
draft-ibc-rtcweb-sip-websocket-00.

Summary of main changes in this revision:

- WebSocket background provided.
- Scope not limited to web-browsers.
- Outbound and GRUU usage described.
- DNS NAPTR/SRV considerations included.
- Added some clarifications and bug fixing.

As usual, your comments are most appreciated.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>