Subject: [rtcweb] Comments on use-cases drafts

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 15:06:21 +0530

Hi,

I have a couple of comments on the use-case sections 4.2 and 4.3 of
draft-ietf-rtcweb-use-cases-and-requirements-03

Section 4.2.1.1

I suppose when you say "mute incoming media" you are giving the
flexibility to mute audio or video or both. You may want to explicitly
spell out that similar to the way it is done for sending media.

Section 4.2.3

When a session moves across different network adapters is the assumption
the same user device is being used ? or can the user device also change
? if the user device can change then the devices for audio, video
input/output may also change. Is this covered ? or not in scope ?

Section 4.2.7.1

I see that it is mentioned in the draft that mixing of audio is locally
done in the browser. Do we also want to consider a case where mixing can
be done by a network element rather than a browser ? I see there is a
use-case in Browser/Server that has this in section 4.3.3.1. Is this
covering the cases where a browser is not capable of mixing and a server
is involved between a Browser to browser call ?

Regards,

Ram