Subject: Re: [rtcweb] NAT / firewall use cases

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 14:24:24 -0400

This is indeed a real use case.

Matthew Kaufman <[email-masked]> wrote:

>We have something in there with a NAT... but I don't think we have a use case that covers the situation where one or both users is behind a NAT or firewall that blocks UDP entirely (which fortunately also covers some of the NAT cases where ICE doesn't succeed). This would require media over TCP... something that I believe some of the implementations have already tackled in different ways, but there's no use case and no drafts proposing which solution to choose either.
>
>Matthew Kaufman
>_______________________________________________
>rtcweb mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
>

---

From: Emil Ivov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 20:31:52 +0200

+1

Emil

-- sent from my mobile
On Jul 26, 2011 8:24 PM, "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >We have something in there with a NAT... but I don't think we have a use
case that covers the situation where one or both users is behind a NAT or
firewall that blocks UDP entirely (which fortunately also covers some of the
NAT cases where ICE doesn't succeed). This would require media over TCP...
something that I believe some of the implementations have already tackled in
different ways, but there's no use case and no drafts proposing which
solution to choose either.