Subject: [rtcweb] WG adoption of Architecture and Overview of RTCWEB document

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 17:22:05 +0200

WG,

We would like to adopt a document that describes the RTCWEB architecture
and provides an overview to the functionality that will be specified in
various documents targeted to specific pieces of the functionalities we
need for a complete solution.

There has been several documents that describes architecture, frame
works or overviews. None of them are complete when it comes to covering
the different aspects. The documents are:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-alvestrand-rtcweb-overview/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rosenberg-rtcweb-framework/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jennings-rtcweb-api/

The WG chairs' proposal is that we adopt one document and then add in
aspects that are needed from the other documents. In the process putting
together an good editor team for the WG document from the persons that
has contributed so far and want to continue.

The WG chairs propose that that the WG adopts:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-alvestrand-rtcweb-overview/
as a WG item to form the core of an Architecture and Overview document.

WG participants please provide either support for adoption or provide
feedback on any issues you see with this approach.

Please provide your view no later than Tuesday the 28th at 17.00 CEST.

Magnus Westerlund
WG Chair

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Stephan Wenger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 09:10:00 -0700

Magnus' proposal of picking Harald's draft is fine with me.
Stephan

On 6.21.2011 08:22 , "Magnus Westerlund" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>rtcweb mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb

---

From: Likepeng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 03:49:07 +0000

I am fine with the proposal, but should the overview draft be informational, instead of standard track?

Thanks,
Kind Regards
Kepeng

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:14:53 +0200

On 2011-06-22 05:49, Likepeng wrote:
> I am fine with the proposal, but should the overview draft be
> informational, instead of standard track?

I think that is an open question. It depends on how this document is
written. If it in fact mandates which functionality block that must be
implemented it is a standards track. If it becomes written in a more
informal way it could be informational. The milestone says:

Sep 2011 Architecture and Security, Privacy, and Threat Model
document(s) to IESG as Informational

Milestones can be changed if the WG feels it has a preference for a
standards track document. From my perspective, this is a question we can
delay.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund
WG chair

> 
> Thanks, Kind Regards Kepeng -----Original Message----- From:
> [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Stephan Wenger Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:10 AM To: Magnus
> Westerlund; [email-masked] Subject: Re: [rtcweb] WG adoption of
> Architecture and Overview of RTCWEB document
> 
> Magnus' proposal of picking Harald's draft is fine with me. Stephan
> 
> On 6.21.2011 08:22 , "Magnus Westerlund"
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> WG,
>> 
>> We would like to adopt a document that describes the RTCWEB
>> architecture and provides an overview to the functionality that
>> will be specified in various documents targeted to specific pieces
>> of the functionalities we need for a complete solution.
>> 
>> There has been several documents that describes architecture,
>> frame works or overviews. None of them are complete when it comes
>> to covering the different aspects. The documents are:
>> 
>> The WG chairs' proposal is that we adopt one document and then add
>> in aspects that are needed from the other documents. In the process
>> putting together an good editor team for the WG document from the
>> persons that has contributed so far and want to continue.
>> 
>> WG participants please provide either support for adoption or
>> provide feedback on any issues you see with this approach.
>> 
>> Magnus Westerlund WG Chair
>> 
>> Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079 SE-164 80
>> Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked] 
-- 

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:45:56 +0100

This seems reasonable to me.

Colin

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 09:39:52 +0200

WG,

we have received no objections against our proposal and hereby adopt

as a WG item.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund
WG chair

-- 

Magnus Westerlund