Subject: [rtcweb] Release of WebRTC source code

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 01:05:02 +0200

Today, Google made available WebRTC, an open source software package
for real-time voice and video on the web that we will be integrating
in Chrome.  This is our initial contribution to achieve the mission of
making audio and video available in all browsers, through a uniform
standard set of APIs.  This initial release will provide the
functionality we envision for WebRTC/RTCWEB, as detailed at
https://sites.google.com/site/webrtc/.  Working with the browser
community and working groups like this, our goal is to expand the
available APIs over the next few months for developers to create voice
and video applications on the web.

The underlying components we're releasing are stable and the
interfaces for this initial release are consistent with the
discussions in this working group. We will continue to provide working
implementations for consideration and feedback to collectively ensure
stable standards are finalized.  Google is committed to fully
supporting these standards and we look forward to your input in the
coming months.

                   Harald, speaking for Google.