Subject: (radius) Client sockets

From: Brian Czako <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 09:36:07 -0400

Hello,

I'm looking at multiple billing servers, and only one of them out of the 3
I'm reviewing requires the client to open a socket
and listen in on the access and accounting ports (1812, 1813) for incoming
packets from the server.

From page 12:
  Separate processes were spawned to serve each request and these
        processes could respond directly to the client NAS with a simple
        UDP packet to the original transport of the client.

To me, this says that the server should just be replying using the same
socket handle it received the
message on from the client.

Does the server that requires the client to listen in on 1812 and 1813
compliant with the RADIUS spec?

Thanks in advance,
Brian Czako

-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.