Subject: (radius) RADIUS Vendor Specific Attributes

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 10:20:23 -0700 (PDT)

All,

First, sorry for the cross post, but I believe that this e-mail needs to be
sent to both lists. 

I am in the process of updating the DIAMETER implementation guidelines, and
had a question for the mailing list subscribers. The document contains a
section that discusses how one implements a RADIUS/DIAMETER protocol gateway.
However, one area that will be very problematic is vendor specific attributes.
RFC 2138 contains a suggested VSA format, but this format is a SHOULD, and it
is well known that many vendors have not followed this format. I would like to
add an appendix to the document that describes the Vendor ID, and the related
format. This would be useful for protocol gateways that handle vendor specific
attributes.

The question I have for the list is whether people believe that such an
appendix would be useful. If so, if you work for a manufacturer, and would be
interested in sending me your Vendor ID and the VSA format, that would be very
useful.

BTW, I am only interested in VSA formats that derive from the suggested format
in RFC 2138, so if you have more than a single octet attribute ID space, this
e-mail is for you. The IETF deadline is next Friday, so having it by next
Wednesday (7/12) would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

PatC

-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.