Subject: (radius) Question on RFC2619: radiusAuthServTotalBadAuthenticators

From: "Mark Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 15:21:31 -0400

The description for this MIB variable is:

            "The number of RADIUS Authentication-Request packets
             which contained invalid Signature attributes received."

I assume this should read:

            "The number of RADIUS Authentication-Request packets
             received which contained invalid Signature attributes."

What is a RADIUS Signature attribute in the context of an
Authentication-Request? If it is the Request Authenticator field in the
packet header, how does one determine that it is 'Bad' given that it is a 16
octet random number?

Regards,
       Mark

-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 12:42:00 -0700

>              received which contained invalid Signature attributes."

Actually, it should probably read:

            "The number of RADIUS Authentication-Request packets
             received which contained invalid Message-Authenticator
             attributes."

The name of the Signature attribute was changed to avoid confusing people
who habitually equate signatures with public-ley crypto, I believe.

> Authentication-Request?

See http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radius-ext-07.txt

> If it is the Request Authenticator field in the

-