Subject: (radius) SOLICITATION OF PROTOCOL SUBMISSIONS -- IETF AAA WORKING GROUP

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 21:08:02 -0700

SOLICITATION OF PROTOCOL SUBMISSIONS -- IETF AAA WORKING GROUP

The Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA) Working
Group of the Internet Engineering Task Force is currently
soliciting submission of protocols for authentication,
authorization and accounting as applied to network access.

Submissions are being solicited effective immediately. 
Authors of candidate protocols are required to notify 
the AAA WG chairs, Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]> 
and Paul Krumviede <[email-masked]> of their intent to 
submit a candidate protocol. It is desirable that 
this notification be sent by May 1, 2000.  

Protocol submissions and compliance description 
documents are to be submitted in Internet Draft 
format by email to [email-masked]. The
deadline for submissions is June 1, 2000. 
To be considered as a candidate, submissions must 
include an unqualified RFC 2026 statement,
as described at: http://www.ietf.org/Sec10.txt

Information on the Internet Draft format is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt

The compliance description document must explain on
a detailed requirement-by-requirement basis how
the submitted protocol satisfies the AAA network access
requirements. The requirements are available for inspection
at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-na-reqts-03.txt
(or later version). 

The protocol submission and compliance description documents
will then be used as the basis for an independent evaluation.
Based on the results of the independent evaluation, the working group
will decide whether one or more submissions meet the requirements
sufficiently to become the basis of the subsequent design phase,
or whether it is necessary to design a protocol from scratch.

In the protocol development process, it is to be understood
that the IETF does not function as a rubber stamp. A protocol,
if accepted, will likely be changed significantly
during the process of development.

Authors of candidate protocols must be willing to give
up change control to the IETF, so as to allow modification
of the candidate protocols to AAA WG needs.

For further information on the IETF AAA WG, including working
group drafts and milestones, please consult the working group
web page at:

http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/aaa-charter.html
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.