Subject: (radius) Tag field for radius tunnel authentication

From: Vipin Jain <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 11:44:37 -0700

Draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radius-tunnel-auth-09.txt
What is the purpose of "tag" field? Is it used to group various tunnel
attributes? From some attributes, like "Tunnel-Client-Endpoint",
"tag" field optional, as the draft mentions:
"If the value of the Tag field is greater than 0x00
      and less than or equal to 0x1F, it SHOULD be interpreted as
      indicating which tunnel (of several alternatives) this attribute
      pertains.  "

How these attributes are grouped with other attributes?
Are they common to all "tag" groups?

Any response appreciated.

Thanks,
- Vipin.
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 08:37:02 -0700

> attributes? 

Yes.

> From some attributes, like "Tunnel-Client-Endpoint",

Yes.

-