Subject: Re: (radius) Proxy

From: Carl Rigney <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 18:37:29 -0800 (PST)

I'm very sympathetic.  But...

The Draft already says quite clearly that order of attributes (of
different types) MUST NOT matter, so anyone who depends on Proxy-State
being first is NOT conformant.

I don't really want to add language saying "Things that apply to all
attributes also apply to Proxy-State, because its an Attribute" because
then some fools will say "Well, it doesn't say explicitly that things
that apply to all attributes also apply to Class because its an 
attribute, therefore it doesn't apply to Class." and that ways leads to
huge amounts of duplication of text with no improvement in information
conveyed.

At some point public mockery and the pressure of the marketplace needs
to be brought to bear vs. implementers who willfully ignore the spec.
There's a limit to how many times the spec can say "X.  Really X.
I mean it when I say X.  X means X."

Thomas Jefferson said it best:
"When I reflect that god is just, I fear for my people."

--
Carl Rigney
[email-masked]
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: "Bob Bosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 08:20:52 -0800

> "When I reflect that god is just, I fear for my people."

Now that's one of the most profound bits of wisdom I've ever heard on any
mailing list. Well said!

-Bob Bosen-

-