Subject: (radius) Proxy

From: Carl Rigney <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 03:01:51 -0800 (PST)

I'm cutting the two controversial paragraphs.  I and some people
thought they might be useful,but Pat and Merit object, and it is
probably better to eventually have a more detailed discussion of
RADIUS Proxy in a more malleable form, for faster updating as experience
is gathered.  (I'd love to see that combined with a discussion of
retransmission algorithms, for instance.)

I'm adding this paragraph, since some people reported that
implementations that think they know how to parse other servers
Proxy-States are a giant pain for interoperability.  They shouldn't do
that, but its good to have the document make it explicit that they must
not do that:

  The forwarding server MUST treat any Proxy-State attributes already
  in the packet as opaque data.  Its operation MUST NOT depend on the 
  content of Proxy-State attributes added by previous servers. 

--
Carl Rigney
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.