Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Gratuitous key schedule change (#1004)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2017 05:08:08 +0000 (UTC)

This changes the key schedule for QUIC so that it uses shorter labels.  Rather than a "tls13 " stem, it uses a "QUIC " stem.  The labels are all now shorter and more consistent in case.

Closes #1003.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1004

-- Commit Summary --

  * Update key schedule
  * A few consistency fixes

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (120)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1004.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1004.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1004

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 21:11:31 -0800

Will this change be included in -09? Do we need to do this before or after the remote interim?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1004#issuecomment-350174088

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2017 05:18:24 +0000 (UTC)

It's definitely not in -08.  I definitely wouldn't want to make this part of anything we do this month.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1004#issuecomment-350175012

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 21:33:40 -0800

@marten-seemann raises a good point -- let's not merge this until after we decide on #995.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1004#issuecomment-350176946

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 23:09:10 +0000 (UTC)

PR #995 is no longer in play, so I think we can merge this.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1004#issuecomment-351225525

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 23:12:34 +0000 (UTC)

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1004#pullrequestreview-83015524

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 23:27:05 +0000 (UTC)

@seanturner pushed 1 commit.

a5d5f94  Update draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1004/files/7ebcc7a710b574616112f961406e75fb846c131e..a5d5f94f7ae51e6c522a6ea3d91897caf9366d9d

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 16:00:16 -0800

Merged #1004.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1004#event-1384678097