Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Improve Push ID and CANCEL_PUSH text (#1020)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2017 01:11:02 +0000 (UTC)

Fixes #948; builds on #1019 for convenience.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1020

-- Commit Summary --

  * Use QUIC-style MALFORMED_FRAME in HTTP
  * Improve Push ID text (Fixes #948)

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (156)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1020.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1020.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1020

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 18:07:18 -0800

LPardue commented on this pull request.

Only had time to skim read, have a few comments that I'll write up soon.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1020#pullrequestreview-83963208

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2017 21:45:17 +0000 (UTC)

martinthomson approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1020#pullrequestreview-83984833

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 10:35:29 -0800

LPardue requested changes on this pull request.

-HTTP_UNEXPECTED_GOAWAY (0x14):
-: A GOAWAY frame has been received by a server.
+HTTP_DUPLICATE_PUSH (0x0C):
+: A Push ID was referenced on two different Push streams.

Capitalisation of Push is inconsistent with other uses in the document

-The server push response is conveyed on a push stream.  A push stream is a
-server-initiated, unidirectional stream.  A push stream includes a header (see
-{{fig-push-stream-header}}) that identifies the PUSH_PROMISE that it fulfills.
-This header consists of a Push ID, encoded as a variable-length integer.  The
-Push ID identifies a server push (see {{frame-push-promise}}).
+When a server later fulfills a promise, the server push response is conveyed on
+a push stream.  A push stream is a server-initiated, unidirectional stream.  A
+push stream always begins with a header (see {{fig-push-stream-header}}) that
+identifies the Push ID of the PUSH_PROMISE that it fulfills, encoded as a

The paragraph starts by saying fulfilling a promise and ends by saying PUSH_PROMISE, I think I prefer the lowercase version.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1020#pullrequestreview-84006987

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 20:46:12 +0000 (UTC)

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

bd0ffd8  Lucas's feedback

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1020/files/284ae56cbad17a09904719e1caa20ce0a5061760..bd0ffd8ef5b987446b9825df124d6a7725574128

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 12:49:52 -0800

Merged #1020.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1020#event-1392918339