Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 8884c0: Move negotiated_version

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2017 23:54:05 -0800

Branch: refs/heads/master
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 8884c01f1b0b0a193f821a0d600c4cedc9ea33ac
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/8884c01f1b0b0a193f821a0d600c4cedc9ea33ac
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-11-24 (Fri, 24 Nov 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Move negotiated_version

This makes it possible for a client to use substantially-similar versions of
QUIC without having to regenerate a ClientHello.  That's not a huge benefit,
but given that it is no more vulnerable to downgrade attack than before, it
seems like a worthwhile thing to do.

Note that this will have the effect of violating the terms of the version
downgrade contract.  I do this knowing that this is still very much in
development and that no sane person would deploy this protocol in its current
form expecting it to be secure.  Conveniently, it appears that endpoints that
support the newer version will not be exposed to downgrade, only those that
support versions prior to the change (and even then, it's only if they can
cause the server to emit a transport parameter that looks like the current
version.  That is possible, but for QUIC version 4 only (assuming we retain the
same basic format for that long).

Closes #710.

  Commit: a5ca4b87d244806d223f9ad7565138947d208d5a
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/a5ca4b87d244806d223f9ad7565138947d208d5a
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-12-04 (Mon, 04 Dec 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Explain where negotiated_version comes from

  Commit: 8488f8bdc2f4cfab422db430744535561711af03
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/8488f8bdc2f4cfab422db430744535561711af03
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-12-04 (Mon, 04 Dec 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Remove run-on sentence that runs on

  Commit: 3359f1e13a507c35c2082e2f55deee86b3591004
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/3359f1e13a507c35c2082e2f55deee86b3591004
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-12-04 (Mon, 04 Dec 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Add a brief intro

  Commit: 7f0639b3b8949a112e5812fd5fa0431486cdebe3
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/7f0639b3b8949a112e5812fd5fa0431486cdebe3
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-12-04 (Mon, 04 Dec 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #959 from quicwg/move-negotiated_version

Move negotiated_version

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/01fd14609772...7f0639b3b894