Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Remove unnecessary pacing text (#977)

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 22:58:11 -0800

Closes #967 
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/977

-- Commit Summary --

  * remove unnecessary pacing text

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (43)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/977.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/977.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/977

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2017 06:59:43 +0000 (UTC)

@janaiyengar pushed 1 commit.

af81664  spaces

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/977/files/909583c97730891da8df55271814edbd7e8ceef1..af81664cce07a876ca0d3f789bd0045bca5d9b90

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2017 07:01:22 +0000 (UTC)

Was the text about the pacing rate just unnecessary or was it wrong? I recently implemented the pacing rate previously described here in quic-go, and the results so far look promising.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/977#issuecomment-348417715

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2017 07:07:03 +0000 (UTC)

Not wrong -- it is what GQUIC does -- but those constants don't add much value, IMO. We do 2x during slow start because that's what the Linux fq qdisc does. I'm wary of specifying in an RFC something that's done by one implementation of pacing. You could choose to use 1.25x for the entire thing and I suspect you'll still be quite fine.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/977#issuecomment-348418562