Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 3430dd: More detailed stream states

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 15:58:56 -0800

Branch: refs/heads/stream-states-mk8
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 3430ddc7544c9d511c5f6cc9dd934b25b12f9c6f
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/3430ddc7544c9d511c5f6cc9dd934b25b12f9c6f
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-12-01 (Fri, 01 Dec 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  More detailed stream states

This takes the state machines that @MikeBishop showed at the Seattle interim
and turns them into text and ASCII art.

I made a few changes in the process.  The state where all data is available
didn't turn out to be any different to the state preceding it, so I removed it.
I also found it valuable to recognize that streams might be created for sending
before any frames are sent (I considered doing the same for receive streams,
but it complicated the transitions more than I liked, I could be convinced to
add this still, it just seems less valuable).

I added a section on composite states, showing how this mess all maps to stuff
you already know (h2).

This is still work-in-progress.  I have changed the main chunk of text on
states, but I haven't changed any of the rest of the document, which still
talks about "idle" and all that.  I'll do that next if people are generally
happy with the direction this is headed.

Closes #634.

  Commit: 7b51511f34545ac9cc49f4e85c109ad54fa9e20f
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/7b51511f34545ac9cc49f4e85c109ad54fa9e20f
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-12-01 (Fri, 01 Dec 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Summarize what can be sent and when

  Commit: a1c1a2de2edbcd82756757e019f23108ac9c9d9d
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/a1c1a2de2edbcd82756757e019f23108ac9c9d9d
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-12-01 (Fri, 01 Dec 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  The stream mapping is just a possibility

  Commit: b52e159725b92ee926d278c6f5364352df20399d
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/b52e159725b92ee926d278c6f5364352df20399d
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-12-01 (Fri, 01 Dec 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Don't overdo it

  Commit: cf6b3eebf3445b71e4bf2ebc2f6d42d0389e1691
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/cf6b3eebf3445b71e4bf2ebc2f6d42d0389e1691
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-12-01 (Fri, 01 Dec 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Complete the changes

  Commit: 613e4e4aa64b39f1c688cdd04f6b5d2c73921aec
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/613e4e4aa64b39f1c688cdd04f6b5d2c73921aec
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-12-01 (Fri, 01 Dec 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Forgot about MAX_STREAM_DATA

  Commit: ff9b1e2b6f9febd23252f24f556d031c1e7433f1
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/ff9b1e2b6f9febd23252f24f556d031c1e7433f1
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-12-01 (Fri, 01 Dec 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Giant cluster of review feedback updates

  Commit: 252d039c8f1b9746c2135256b7c3d9777ccf04fe
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/252d039c8f1b9746c2135256b7c3d9777ccf04fe
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-12-01 (Fri, 01 Dec 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Minor reflow

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/b4a6bfb46a0f...252d039c8f1b