Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] clarify connection id for handshake secret (#915)

From: Patrick McManus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 03:06:37 +0000 (UTC)

Clarify that the Handshake Secret Connection ID comes from the client Initial packet as opposed to any client packet.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/915

-- Commit Summary --

  * Clarify that the Handshake Secret Connection ID comes from the client

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (3)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/915.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/915.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/915

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 03:28:55 +0000 (UTC)

marten-seemann commented on this pull request.

> @@ -644,7 +644,8 @@ SHA-256 hash function is used.
 ### Handshake Secrets {#handshake-secrets}
 
 Packets that carry the TLS handshake (Initial, Retry, and Handshake) are
-protected with secrets derived from the client's connection ID. Specifically:
+protected with secrets derived from the connection ID used in the
+client's Inital packet. Specifically:

s/Inital/Initial/

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/915#pullrequestreview-75948279

---

From: Patrick McManus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 04:08:17 +0000 (UTC)

@mcmanus pushed 1 commit.

24d6437  typo fix: inital -> initial

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/915/files/db0e49b2ecc8eafa0bb268fe0ef4403a3e11ad02..24d6437784434fb24b0de5f6e246199e9f56c00a

---

From: Patrick McManus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 04:08:51 +0000 (UTC)

thanks!

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/915#issuecomment-343712066

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 05:17:46 +0000 (UTC)

Merged #915.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/915#event-1337476477