Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Make error codes smaller (#851)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 23:13:48 +0000 (UTC)

See #723 for a full discussion.

Closes #211 (finally).
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/851

-- Commit Summary --

  * Make error codes smaller

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (4)
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (35)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/851.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/851.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/851

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 23:17:42 +0000 (UTC)

MikeBishop requested changes on this pull request.

One apparent bug, otherwise fine.

>  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
-|   Reason Phrase Length (16)   |      [Reason Phrase (*)]    ...
+|                      Reason Phrase Length (*)               ...

Two length fields, no value field.

> @@ -3099,10 +3099,11 @@ See {{iana-error-codes}} for details of registering new error codes.
 
 ## Application Protocol Error Codes {#app-error-codes}
 
-Application protocol error codes are 32-bits long, but the management of
-application error codes are left to application protocols.  Application protocol
-error codes are used for the RST_STREAM ({{frame-rst-stream}}) and
-APPLICATION_CLOSE ({{frame-application-close}}) frames.
+Application protocol error codes are 16 bit unsigned integers, but the

"16-bit," no?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/851#pullrequestreview-68454171

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 16:29:49 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

b9820b8  Correct diagram and hyphens

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/851/files/8c08acc0251010f8d98118b651bf28ce2263ae54..b9820b88978c7947cd2c82a428bea746bf8f4b2f

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 23:29:52 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks Mike.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/851#issuecomment-335637514

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 23:42:38 +0000 (UTC)

MikeBishop approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/851#pullrequestreview-68458095

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 22:38:15 +0000 (UTC)

Merged #851.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/851#event-1291279130

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 22:38:10 +0000 (UTC)

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/851#pullrequestreview-69084472