Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 5ea79d: More detailed stream states

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 01:49:07 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/stream-states-mk8
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 5ea79dd77ea419faec7b03ca3e1018498fe86fb7
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/5ea79dd77ea419faec7b03ca3e1018498fe86fb7
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-10-20 (Fri, 20 Oct 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  More detailed stream states

This takes the state machines that @MikeBishop showed at the Seattle interim
and turns them into text and ASCII art.

I made a few changes in the process.  The state where all data is available
didn't turn out to be any different to the state preceding it, so I removed it.
I also found it valuable to recognize that streams might be created for sending
before any frames are sent (I considered doing the same for receive streams,
but it complicated the transitions more than I liked, I could be convinced to
add this still, it just seems less valuable).

I added a section on composite states, showing how this mess all maps to stuff
you already know (h2).

This is still work-in-progress.  I have changed the main chunk of text on
states, but I haven't changed any of the rest of the document, which still
talks about "idle" and all that.  I'll do that next if people are generally
happy with the direction this is headed.