Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Express MAX_DATA in octets rather than KB (#874)

From: Patrick McManus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 20:12:10 +0000 (UTC)

closes #873
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/874

-- Commit Summary --

  * Express MAX_DATA in octets rather than KB

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (4)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/874.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/874.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/874

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 22:40:46 +0000 (UTC)

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

> @@ -1829,9 +1829,7 @@ The fields in the MAX_DATA frame are as follows:
 Maximum Data:
 
 : A 64-bit unsigned integer indicating the maximum amount of data that can be
-  sent on the entire connection, in units of 1024 octets.  That is, the updated
-  connection-level data limit is determined by multiplying the encoded value by
-  1024.
+  sent on the entire connection, in units octets.

of ?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/874#pullrequestreview-69366521

---

From: Patrick McManus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 00:13:30 +0000 (UTC)

mcmanus commented on this pull request.

 Maximum Data:

imagine how many mistakes I can make in a diff more than 1 line long.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/874#discussion_r144679069

---

From: Patrick McManus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 00:16:46 +0000 (UTC)

@mcmanus pushed 1 commit.

a130b6d  fix typo in 6d0c7accbe09e67cd3ac0d48639c0dd36e4c6fc8

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/874/files/6d0c7accbe09e67cd3ac0d48639c0dd36e4c6fc8..a130b6d88fe9ac5c2cc4c1c4f121438834dfabf2

---

From: Subodh Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 03:05:58 +0000 (UTC)

wohoo

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/874#issuecomment-336605483

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 22:39:53 -0700

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/874#pullrequestreview-69384469

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 09:05:48 +0000 (UTC)

Merged #874.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/874#event-1293335314

---

From: Subodh Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 18:54:35 +0000 (UTC)

What about initial_max_data in the extension?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/874#issuecomment-338500292

---

From: Patrick McManus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 14:41:45 +0000 (UTC)

are you suggesting it needs to be more than 32 as an initial value? That
sort of stretches the credulity of flow control...

On Sun, Oct 22, 2017 at 2:54 PM, Subodh Iyengar <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> —
> You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
> Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub
> <https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/874#issuecomment-338500292>,
> or mute the thread
> <https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe-auth/AAP5s02pqdP8p3YVkJ5zqfTRBlsy8mNbks5su49ogaJpZM4P4_zj>
> .
>

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/874#issuecomment-338681614

---

From: Subodh Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 10:59:47 -0700

no i'm suggesting it doesn't need to have a 1024 multiplier. 

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/874#issuecomment-338744697

---

From: Ryan Hamilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 19:23:31 +0000 (UTC)

+1! Let's just use octets.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/874#issuecomment-339773132