Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] bfa199: Maximal change for HTTP integer encoding

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 23:31:47 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/integers-http-maximal
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: bfa199dfe34e5e6ce8b838d54ab3f70c2958dabf
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/bfa199dfe34e5e6ce8b838d54ab3f70c2958dabf
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-10-18 (Wed, 18 Oct 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Maximal change for HTTP integer encoding

This didn't turn out to be that disruptive.  I'm somewhat worried that I missed
something actually.  Given that the changes are small, I think that I would
prefer this over #887.

The most interesting change here is that extension frame types that mention
Stream IDs will have to change.  I am not aware of any proposed thus far, so
maybe it's not too much of a cost to bear.  It further confirms my view that we
shouldn't be using Stream IDs at this layer anyway.

Based on this, I don't see any need for a middle-ground change.  The biggest
cost here is in taking the larger Stream ID space, not in taking the integer
encoding.