Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 63e844: More detailed stream states

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 01:54:18 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/stream-states-mk8
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 63e844327bfc3deaa10cf9f353eb2a2ee7b30683
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/63e844327bfc3deaa10cf9f353eb2a2ee7b30683
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-10-20 (Fri, 20 Oct 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  More detailed stream states

This takes the state machines that @MikeBishop showed at the Seattle interim
and turns them into text and ASCII art.

I made a few changes in the process.  The state where all data is available
didn't turn out to be any different to the state preceding it, so I removed it.
I also found it valuable to recognize that streams might be created for sending
before any frames are sent (I considered doing the same for receive streams,
but it complicated the transitions more than I liked, I could be convinced to
add this still, it just seems less valuable).

I added a section on composite states, showing how this mess all maps to stuff
you already know (h2).

This is still work-in-progress.  I have changed the main chunk of text on
states, but I haven't changed any of the rest of the document, which still
talks about "idle" and all that.  I'll do that next if people are generally
happy with the direction this is headed.

Closes #634.