Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 12d094: Maximal change for HTTP integer encoding

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 16:21:54 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/integers
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 12d0946ccaba1bab42b8d3bbb0f12214d13dbc8c
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/12d0946ccaba1bab42b8d3bbb0f12214d13dbc8c
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-10-30 (Mon, 30 Oct 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Maximal change for HTTP integer encoding

This didn't turn out to be that disruptive.  I'm somewhat worried that I missed
something actually.  Given that the changes are small, I think that I would
prefer this over #887 for #877.

The most interesting change here is that extension frame types that mention
Stream IDs will have to change.  I am not aware of any proposed thus far, so
maybe it's not too much of a cost to bear.  It further confirms my view that we
shouldn't be using Stream IDs at this layer anyway.

Based on this, I don't see any need for a middle-ground change.  The biggest
cost here is in taking the larger Stream ID space, not in taking the integer
encoding.

  Commit: cdae8c393e691843e9e6efc939c2f398e2811312
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/cdae8c393e691843e9e6efc939c2f398e2811312
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-10-30 (Mon, 30 Oct 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Missed a few fixed-size integers

And a nit

  Commit: 8aaa5e076bbf745f3d36c1f032fbd641860fe899
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/8aaa5e076bbf745f3d36c1f032fbd641860fe899
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-10-30 (Mon, 30 Oct 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  More fixed-size integer residue

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/7be15c0a4493...8aaa5e076bbf