Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 7e5281: Define requirements for handling packets

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2017 22:57:00 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/packet-handling
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 7e5281bf1ca9c2b99146076fbc0182954c0cc826
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/7e5281bf1ca9c2b99146076fbc0182954c0cc826
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-10-09 (Mon, 09 Oct 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Define requirements for handling packets

We never really said how to handle incoming packets.  This adds a section on
that.  This was originally motivated by #570, where the rules for what to
generate a Version Negotiation packet for were a little unclear.

Now though, this is a far more comprehensive description of what to do with
a packet that is received.

For #570, I've chosen to limit packet size.  If the packet is too small, then
this requires the server to drop the packet.  In response to the potential for
a future version of QUIC to define a smaller initial packet (@mikkelfj raised
this point), I've included advice on what might be done to avoid having packets
discarded.

I realize that we don't have a patch that sets the packet size to 1200.  I'm
going to write that one now.  This depends on that.

  Commit: de2821f4d104a10e773c475aee7df2e52d013d6a
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/de2821f4d104a10e773c475aee7df2e52d013d6a
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-10-09 (Mon, 09 Oct 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Review comments

  Commit: 0d0f98d5a0d0d9f467b94555c718d555f737050e
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/0d0f98d5a0d0d9f467b94555c718d555f737050e
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-10-09 (Mon, 09 Oct 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Capitalize Client Initial

  Commit: a9c6512c8f8adf2f0396272b59a8d7e5c247d1e9
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/a9c6512c8f8adf2f0396272b59a8d7e5c247d1e9
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-10-09 (Mon, 09 Oct 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Expand more on the need for bufferring

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/f46a09d148ed...a9c6512c8f8a