Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] ENABLE_PUSH instead of DISABLE_PUSH to match HTTP/2 (#694)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 18:10:57 +0000 (UTC)

Fixes #477.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/694

-- Commit Summary --

  * ENABLE_PUSH instead of DISABLE_PUSH to match HTTP/2

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (16)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/694.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/694.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/694

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 12:12:50 -0700

@MikeBishop pushed 2 commits.

a8d259e  Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/master' into enable_push
e63858f  Changelog update

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/694/files/b1a925fc378bc17dd48f29663ab381c1f629b1e4..e63858fa586e610554aa84f1adb26e464c4c4efc

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 18:14:52 -0700

martinthomson approved this pull request.

> @@ -362,8 +362,8 @@ stream of the dependent request, not the data stream.
 
 HTTP/QUIC supports server push as described in {{!RFC7540}}. During connection
 establishment, the client indicates whether it is willing to receive server
-pushes via the SETTINGS_DISABLE_PUSH setting in the SETTINGS frame (see
-{{connection-establishment}}), which defaults to 1 (true).
+pushes via the SETTINGS_ENABLE_PUSH setting in the SETTINGS frame (see
+{{connection-establishment}}), which defaults to 0 (false).

I would remove the value and just say ", which is disabled by default".  The way that we express Boolean values is somewhat special and suggesting a concrete value invites misinterpretation.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/694#pullrequestreview-51938916

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 17:50:35 +0000 (UTC)

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

2e07bdf  Martin's feedback

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/694/files/e63858fa586e610554aa84f1adb26e464c4c4efc..2e07bdfa2b3bb83d8cf01d8d6e32b0dd074e0038

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 17:52:38 +0000 (UTC)

bd602b7  Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/master' into enable_push

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/694/files/2e07bdfa2b3bb83d8cf01d8d6e32b0dd074e0038..bd602b7f200f4d332e30bfa697b1053c9796f419

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 17:53:34 +0000 (UTC)

Merged #694.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/694#event-1182236072