Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] ae3fa1: Limit the size of packets

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2017 07:11:36 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/max_packet_size
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: ae3fa11d3d09a31563c5538771d4f0016089c7c8
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/ae3fa11d3d09a31563c5538771d4f0016089c7c8
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-06-06 (Tue, 06 Jun 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Limit the size of packets

This is primarily for constrained implementations.  Based on experience with
TLS, there can be real burden for those implementations just implementing an
AEAD correctly over large records.  This setting would allow an absurdly
constrained device some defense against peers who might otherwise send jumbo
packets.  After all, jumbo packets can be more efficient.

Closes #383.