Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] d979fa: Add proposed error codes

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 15:54:13 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/master
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: d979fa50110b3bbc5b6895347789686e393ed40d
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/d979fa50110b3bbc5b6895347789686e393ed40d
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-06-21 (Wed, 21 Jun 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Add proposed error codes

This is just the error codes, not references to those codes.

  Commit: a719ae899ca8d2e2f04493ccdc2afef0fc2fcf14
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/a719ae899ca8d2e2f04493ccdc2afef0fc2fcf14
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-06-21 (Wed, 21 Jun 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Reference error codes

One interesting change here is that we don't have an error code for running out
of packet numbers.  If you think about this for even a few seconds, you will
realize that you can't send that error code because it can't go in a packet.

And that's even assuming that you manage to keep a connection alive long enough
to send that many packets.  At 1 million packets a second, that's almost 600
thousand years.  Even if we assume that you jump 2^31 packets every time you
switch between networks, and change once a minute, that's 16 thousand years.

I didn't remove the parenthetical mention of QUIC_NO_ERROR because that is
being removed in other pull requests.

  Commit: 9eaddcb7c37e3e77ef6aeb5effd134d14d9cbadb
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/9eaddcb7c37e3e77ef6aeb5effd134d14d9cbadb
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-06-21 (Wed, 21 Jun 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Simplify CONNECTION_CLOSE error handling

  Commit: 67ccacb999375a0179487b57def82840d6de80d2
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/67ccacb999375a0179487b57def82840d6de80d2
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-06-21 (Wed, 21 Jun 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Add generic and specific frame formatting errors, remove ENHANCE_YER_CALM

  Commit: 1b2446ff945b5ffd13216988c171c5cf408bc246
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/1b2446ff945b5ffd13216988c171c5cf408bc246
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-06-27 (Tue, 27 Jun 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #467 from quicwg/transport_errors

Prune transport error codes

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/013ec0a27511...1b2446ff945b