Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] ae3fa1: Limit the size of packets

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2017 06:36:34 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/master
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: ae3fa11d3d09a31563c5538771d4f0016089c7c8
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/ae3fa11d3d09a31563c5538771d4f0016089c7c8
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-06-06 (Tue, 06 Jun 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Limit the size of packets

This is primarily for constrained implementations.  Based on experience with
TLS, there can be real burden for those implementations just implementing an
AEAD correctly over large records.  This setting would allow an absurdly
constrained device some defense against peers who might otherwise send jumbo
packets.  After all, jumbo packets can be more efficient.

Closes #383.

  Commit: e8e98379fa639f27f5722b78ffe9a2c403e590ed
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/e8e98379fa639f27f5722b78ffe9a2c403e590ed
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-06-06 (Tue, 06 Jun 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Increase minimum to 1252

  Commit: 32db7a99cad59b1f51b17b4d636f5b92adb582d3
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/32db7a99cad59b1f51b17b4d636f5b92adb582d3
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-06-09 (Fri, 09 Jun 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #501 from quicwg/max_packet_size

Limit the size of packets

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/12cc25961505...32db7a99cad5